Community Forum

mx1.comcast.net - SMTP 554 bounced emails

Highlighted
New Poster

mx1.comcast.net - SMTP 554 bounced emails

Hello,

I've had several customers get bounced emails when sending to "@comcast.net" emails.

The errors look like so:

Mail Delivery System Mailer-Daemon@cp10-tx.privatesystems.net

12:39 PM (1 hour ago)

to tturner

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

john_doe_123456789@comcast.net
    host mx1.comcast.net [96.114.157.80]
    SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:
    554 resimta-po-19v.sys.comcast.net resimta-po-19v.sys.comcast.net 123.123.123.123 found on one or more DNSBLs, see http://postmaster.comcast.net/smtp-error-codes.php#BL001000

I can send to the Comcast email account just fine from my personal Gmail, but any email account on the "123.123.123.123" server receives the bounce error email whenever they send to a "@comcast.net" email.

I've already tried getting on with Xfinity chat via my personal, home internet account, but they escalated to a "software engineer" who said there was "no problem". Yes, I'm still getting bounced email for our mail server, for over 3 weeks now.

How can we get our server removed from the Comcast blacklist so that our users with "@comcast.net" emails can receive our replies?? Is there a request form that needs to be submitted somewhere?? Please advise.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: mx1.comcast.net - SMTP 554 bounced emails

@aliis_jh wrote:

Did you follow that link for more information?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: mx1.comcast.net - SMTP 554 bounced emails

Yes, we've submitted a request to VTL, but haven't heard anything for several days and have no way of checking if our IP is listed in their blacklist.