Community Forum

missing emails in inbox

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

missing emails in inbox

i have a friend who i am trying to help out, she cant find emails beyond 10/18. emails were on her inbox and she has not deleted anything. she already tried the recommended retrieve email process but nothing comes up.  she already called tech support and they cant do anything for her, they keep saying that the emails are unretrievable. she is using to check on emails on the web portal and nothing else no 3rd party application such as outlook etc.  my question is, if the emails were not deleted it should still be in the inbox right? thank you for your assitance

Expert

Re: missing emails in inbox

Did she try running a search for them?  

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

there is literally no emails come up beyond 10/18 thats in the inbox. I am not sure what she is looking for but she wants to go back as far as 1/18 and she can only go as far back as oct 2018.  thanks for the speedy response @Latoque 

Expert

Who did she talk to at Comcast?  If the emails really are missing, they should be able to recover them as long as they haven't been gone too long.  If she hasn't already, have her call Comcast security-----------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Also, have her try changing the sorting order and see if older messages show up;  On top of the message list in the Inbox, click on "Sort by", then toggle between Ascending and Descending.  She can also run a date range search like 03/09/2017-05/11/2017

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!