Community Forum

missing email

New Poster

missing email

missing I am noticing many of my emails are missing & I NEED them  how do I get them back?

I did NOT delete them

Expert

Re: missing email

Did you try running a search for any of them?  Is it a block of them, or random ones or what?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello, dennisgeist. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums.

You may also want to check your spam folder as well for your missing emails. Let us know if you are able to find those messages or if you still need help.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I am expericing the same problem. The e mail are disappering before i have a chance to read them. They are not blocked and donnot appear in any folders afterwards. Not spam, or trash.  I have called comcast tech help twice and noone has gotten back to me about this problem. Did you find a solution?  I am about to cancel Comcast. It is very frustating since it has been going on for over a month. 

Expert

@lesfwms wrote:

I am expericing the same problem. The e mail are disappering before i have a chance to read them. They are not blocked and donnot appear in any folders afterwards. Not spam, or trash.  I have called comcast tech help twice and noone has gotten back to me about this problem. Did you find a solution?  I am about to cancel Comcast. It is very frustating since it has been going on for over a month. 

Do you have the account enabled on another device using POP3 instead of IMAP?  If so it may be downloading the emails and then deleting them from the server.  So you need to check the settings in whatever client/app you use on that other device.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello, lesfwms! Welcome to the Xfinity Forums!

Latoque has made a very good point. You can check some of the other mail clients you use to see if those emails are there. If they are, then you will want to change your settings to leave a copy so you can still access those emails from our server. Let us know if this helps.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.