Community Forum

malicious filter on email after amazon hack

New Poster

malicious filter on email after amazon hack

I  need help please.  Amazon account was hacked and now do not recieved reset code emails from them.  Been on phone with both Amazon and now Comcast for hours......no help.

Expert

Re: malicious filter on email after amazon hack

Can you give them some other email address you have from another provider like Yahoo or Gmail?  Can you change your preferences in the Amazon account?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I am having the same problem.  Amazon account was hacked.  I am temporarily using another email account but want to go back to my Comcast account.  Going in circles with the Xfinity help pages to try to find Preferences, where the secret to all of this is supposed to be.

Expert

@JunoBeach wrote:

I am having the same problem.  Amazon account was hacked.  I am temporarily using another email account but want to go back to my Comcast account.  Going in circles with the Xfinity help pages to try to find Preferences, where the secret to all of this is supposed to be.

If you mean the preferences for your Comcast email, if you can still sign in, on the Inbox page click on the gear icon in the upper right corner, then on Settings.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello, JunoBeach. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums. 

I'd like to take a look at your email history and see if I can help you determine what is going on. 

Please send me a Private Message with your full name and the email address you are having troubles with so I can assist.

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.