Community Forum

lost secondary email accounts

Regular Visitor

lost secondary email accounts

as of November 16, 2018, I have lost the contact with four secondary email accounts that I had been using for 20 years. The Primary Account is still available through the xfinity website but no longer recognized by third party Microsoft Outlook.  One of those secondary accounts has been my main email account for 20 years and therefore my "entire life of email contacts" is simply gone.

I had spoken at length with Customer Service agent Brandon on November 19th and was told that I should be able to access the secondary accounts on the xfinity website by logging into the Primary account.............but if they are not seen under the "users" tab (that is true) then they are not available. He could offer no explanation as to why the access to those accounts had acutely disappeared overnight 11/15 - 11/16, stated that he had no access to them, and therefore they would no longer be available and "nothing can be done".

I should note that I had been a Comcast customer (internet, TV, and for a period of time the entire "Triple Play") since they first offered service in the mid 90's. Eighteen months ago (May of 2017) I moved into an area that Comcast had sold the service rights to (Atlantic Broadband) and though I had to cancel the Comcast account, I was told the comcast.net email sevice would remain -- and that was true until November 15th when my secondary accounts vanished.

I had recieved notice from Comcast a month or so ago that if emails had not been accessed for a period of time they would be closed out and all emails would be lost -- that is what seems to have occured with my secondary accounts, except that each one had been active and accessed via Microsoft Outlook in the week before or, in the case of two of them, the day before, the loss of the account access.

I understand that the Customer service reps don't have the experise to address technical problems like this, and that they are likely given a script to refer to when talking to customers (Brandon repeated the "nothing can be done" mantra on several occasions during our conversation.)

I am looking for Comcast Technical service team or the Database administration group to address this issue. Certainly the email accounts and the emails themselves have not simply disappeared into a Black Hole, especially given that the Primary Account is still in the system and available to this customer

Anyone else experiencing this frustration?? knowledge of a fix

Expert

Re: lost secondary email accounts

What happens if you try to just sign into any of the secondary accounts using only the webmail interface and your browser?  If you had signed into them at least once in 9 months they should still be there.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Yes, that has been tried....unsuccessfully with all four secondary accounts. The attempt to reset a password cannot be done with the usual steps online -- rather there is the notice  suggesting online or phone contact with Customer Service. Hence, my discussion with service agent, Brandon, who was "unable to see any of the secondary accounts" which meant that they were not available and there was "nothing that could be done". There was no suggestion as to what might have happened to the secondary accounts that were gone after the last incoming message on 11/15 at 7:22 pm.

Subsequently, I sat on hold with Comcast technical services (rather than Customer Service) a few evenings ago, but was called away and had to hang up before my call was taken. I will try again and hope that the technical staff has a bit more expertise and other options for looking into this issue.

Official Employee

Hi, lmemapace738. Welcome and thank you for posting. Sorry to hear about what has taken place with these accounts of yours. Please send me a private message with your name so I can take a look at them on this end.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

We'll go from there. Thank you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi, lmemapace738. I sent you a private message. Please reply to it when you can, thank you. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I have lost ability to reply to ComcastMorgan directly after many days of ongoing dialogue. With attempt to send a reply, I have gotten the message:

Authentication Failed.

• Authentication Ticket Mismatched, failed authentication.

So here is my response to ComcastMorgan's latest direction:

We got some movement in the right direction!!

On the xfinity website,  the l.menapace does show up now as an "unrestricted  secondary" account when clicking the "Users" tab (it is the only secondary account that is available, but by far it is the most important one).  When I ask for "check your email" from the "Overview tab", I get the "xfinitiy Connect" logo page, then an empty email roster with a pop-up box stating:                                            Error !! We're sorry. It looks like something went wrong. Please try again in a moment.

Sign-in to email via Microsoft Outlook is still not successful.

Official Employee

I will send you a private message right now and please try again to reply to it. Thank you!