Community Forum

long running script

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

long running script

It's frustrating to have my mailbox stop running and display "xfinity.com is not responding due to a long running script".  It seems as if this happens every few minutes.  It takes so long to get anything done!  I've seen this long running script problem mentioned in a few other posts going by at least a month.  Why hasn't this been addressed yet?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: long running script

I am having the same problem. Any solution to this long running script?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I've had absolutely no replies to my message.  Not even a hint that anyone might be working on it.  Great product support!!!    Smiley SadMan Mad

Highlighted
New Poster

I am having the same issue.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Comcast has asked me for a print screen of the error message.  In every print screen I do, it doesn't show.  Is anyone else able to get a print screen of the error message and post it in this thread? 

Highlighted
Expert

@Amsato wrote:

Comcast has asked me for a print screen of the error message.  In every print screen I do, it doesn't show.  Is anyone else able to get a print screen of the error message and post it in this thread? 

It doesn't show how?  Are you doing print screen + paste and then it doesn't show?  If so, you'll need to open something like Paint if you're on a PC and paste there and then save the image.  Once you've done that you'll then come back to this thread to post your image by click on Photos and uploading the image.  Note, however, that all images have to be approved by the Forum Administrator before they will show up here, or you can upload it to your favorite hosting site and then give a link to the image.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yes, was doing a print screen (ctrl, Alt, prtscr) and then paste.  I will try your suggestion.  Thanks!

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Me Too! It stinks and I am fustrated enough to go to another cable co.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I've been having this problem since the latest comcast update and if we had att or verizon in our area, I'd get rid of comcast!

They haven't put a fix in and all of this is ridiculous! 

Highlighted
New Poster

I have been having this probllem for more than a month.  I called customer service on November 17 and was told to delete all of my emails because I had too many in my in box.  I did and the problem persisted.  I was then told that if I was using Microsoft Edge as my browser that I should download another browser such as Google Chrome or Mozella Firefox.  I don't want another browser I want Comcast to function with my Edge browser.  The problem continues.  Advise?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Still same problem here and can't believe comcast doesn't FIX THIS!!!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Long running script stoppage still happening every few minutes.  I am using Edge.  I will try Chrome just for this app to see if it eliminates the problem.  The constant problem is irritating.

Highlighted
New Poster

Sammymc,

Please let us know what happens with your Edge experiment.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I have the same problem when using Edge. I am using Internet Explorer for now , which is better but will after 7 min. start with long running script.  Edge will start up in less than 1 min. I have win 10. Itried to go into settings and could not fine how to change them?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Same here I am using Chrome now

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

CHROME WORKS

Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks, I guess I will have to try Chrome. Glad there is a solution.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Has everyone who switched over to Chrome had their problems with long running script messages solved?  

Highlighted
New Poster

I'm having the same issue. I can't use my email at all. I get the error every few seconds. I am using Edge and I refuse to stop using Edge unless Comcast is willing to publically state the bug is caused by Edge and not Comcast. I think it's an issue with Comcast and given how much I am paying for their service they need to fix this issue. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I reverted back to Chrome just for email and it is working fine without the "long running script error"  I get in Edge.  So, the problem must be some type of conflict with Edge script processing.

Highlighted
New Poster

I am having the same issue.

It is quite annoying.

Any body find out anything new as the cause of the problem?

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello everyone. Are you continuing to run into these long running script errors?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Get them all the time and also getting recover web page comcast not responding or something like that.

I have win 10 and edge and don't want to use chrome  may have to use firefox

Highlighted
New Poster

Absolutely!!!

Every day.

Highlighted
New Poster

Long Running Script error message continually freezing email account

When navigating email folders I have been continually having system freeze and error message at bottom indicated comcast has stopped due to a long running script.  I typically have to refresh internet browser which works but it takes me back to the top each time.  Has happened thirty or forty times in last week.  Ideas?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Long Running Script error message continually freezing email account

I had to go back to Chrome a few weeks back, just for email. only  No problems so far with it.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Long Running Script error message continually freezing email account

I've made the switch to Chrome. Fingers crossed this will help. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Yes, the problem persists, can Comcast suggest a Fix?

Highlighted
New Poster

Still no answers from Comcast............listen crickets...

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

What operating system and browser are you using?  I am using Windows 10 latest version on my laptop and I switched from Google Chrome to Microsoft Edge browser about a year ago and had no problems with comcast email until recently.  So, I tried switching back to Chrome just for email and it does not create the same problem with the long running script.  

Highlighted
New Poster

Windows 10 EDGE

Highlighted
New Poster

I think the problem is Microsoft Edge and Windows 10. Not sure, but don't think it is a Comcast problem. I switched to Chrome a few days ago and have no problems so far.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi

I switched to Chrome for email only and that works. But not happy that it won't work in ms edge.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I tried all the browsers that Comcast says they support.  The last one I tried was Chrome.  Chrome doesn't seem to have the long running script screens, but it does stop for seconds at a time, many, many times.  It doesn't give you any error message and resumes just around the time you realize it didn't take your input.  I'm still not convinced that the "new upgrade" that Comcast put in place has all the bugs worked out of it.  BTW, I really dislike the Chrome browser. I get a lot of "Aw Snap" error messages. Up until about a year ago, I used to run all my email through Comcast to Outlook (for about 20 years).  Love Outlook!  But, Outlook started having problems sending emails and the address book doesn't sync anymore.  All these problems seemed to occur after a Comcast uprgade.  It finally became so bad that I was told my best option was to just use the Comcast mail program.   Now I've lost my Microsoft browser because it causes problems with the Comcast mail program.  So frustrating.....

Highlighted
New Poster

I switched from Chrome to Edge a month or two ago because of a constant issue with Chrome and now I have this very frequent issue with "long running script" stoppages.  Now I am trying to save and/or print emails and it seems there is an implied cause as being Edge related. Would you buy a car or refrigerator that failed everytime an "improvement" update occured?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here since November of 2019.

Several calls to customer service, no resolution.

Long running script turns to webpage not responding. 

Same issues on Edge with Windows 10, or Explorer on Windows 7.

Highlighted
New Poster

I tried Chrome; didn't like it.  Switched to Firefox.  Emails work ok on Firefox, so must be problem with Edge.  Still frustrated with Comcast's lack of any official response to assist customers.  By the way, I followed the advice of one of our responsers to update settings from Pop to IMAP.  Didn't help at all while using Edge.  Very frustrated and unhappy with Comcast.  Thanks for all the replies and advice.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

4 days on the phone with Comcast. No resolution. Runs fine for a few minutes while on the phone with Tech Support, then starts up all over again.

@ComcastMorgan 

Any response from Comcast on this issue?

Highlighted
New Poster

YES! I have been having the issue with long running script for months now. I use Microsoft Edge/Windows 10. I have been a Comcast customer for DECADES and am NOT HAPPY. If I can't retrieve my email.....what am I paying Xfinity for?

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello,

The fix for long running script is in the works and currently in development phase.  I can update you once the fix is validated and available in production.  Sorry for the delay in response on this. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@Comcast_CC_XC 

And for those who use Xfinity for business, what do we do? Months dealing with this, little to no response with Customer Service when speaking to them on the phone.
Is there anything Comcast is offering?

Highlighted
New Poster

Comcast. :Looking forward to a correction of this issue asap.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I've been dealing with 2 issues.  My first issue was with my Outlook program.  For about a year every email I sent would get stuck in the outbox and not get sent (reported error (0x800CCC67) : 421 resomata-ch2-12v.sys.comcast.net. Excessive Failed authentication, ESMTP server temporarily not available).  I was able to "fix" it everytime it happened and get my email sent...until this summer.  All my phone conversations with Comcast ended up with me being told that perhaps I should just use the mail program in the Xfinity portal.  Out of frustration, I finally tried that.  That's when the long running script issue started for me.  Everything I read in the forums said that perhaps the problem would be solved if I changed browsers.  Well, yes, the problem is not so pronounced when I use the Xfinity mail program with Chromium as my browser(I had to switch from Edge), but there are still problems and I don't enjoy using their mail program.  So, I upgraded to Office 365 in hopes that something magical might happen.  I set up Outlook and got down to business.  Nope, still the same problem of not being able to send my messages.  After 2 weeks of calls to them, they finally admit that it's a problem on their end (I almost broke down and cried, as up to this point, I've been told the problem was mine).  They are working on it.  Right now, I've been able to make it work by always logging out of my mail program.  I clear all my browser history and refresh before I log into my mail program.  In my mind, I believe the two problems are related.  I'm hoping that once they figure out a fix to one, the other one will be fixed also.  Keep calling them!  It's helping!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

All I've read was how the long running script was a windows 10 issue and not comcast.  Well today I went down stairs to work on my desktop windows 8.1.  Long running script shows up on that also when using comcast.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

It is a Comcast issue.  They have finally taken responsibility for it.  They say they are working on a resolution.  I hope it doesn't take weeks.

Highlighted
New Poster

Yes.  I am still having this problem and it is infuriating.  I just want to get on and clean up my email and every mouse click takes a long, long time to register.  It takes 10 minutes to do what should be 30 seconds.

Highlighted
New Poster

Well this morning I see messages saying Comcast has taken ownership of the problem but I am going to try using Firefox instead of EDGE for a while to see what happens. I have always had issues with comcast email where functions such as COMPOSE, REPLY and FORWARD don't work for hours. I hope Comcast has no plans to program autonomous vehicles.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Same problem as far back as October, needs to be fixed. I`m think it`s there ads they run. Has nothing to do with how many emails one has.

Highlighted
New Poster

That has been my suspicion as well.
Highlighted
New Poster

I too been having this issue since October. I have called Comcast and they have told to use Chrome.

This is frustrating as others have stated. I have a business to run and in the middle of my response to a client it stops. Then it says restart your web browser! Really!  I lost evrything I wrote.

So now I have to use Word to reply and attach the darn thing.  Not acceptable.

If it wasn't that I am tie in with Comcast for all my needs including phone and television service I would have drop them. That is how upset I am. 

So I am trying to fing out what ATT can do for me.