Community Forum

link in email

Regular Visitor

link in email

how do you place a link in the body of an email message?

Expert

Re: link in email

Use the link insertion icon in the toolbar of the Compose window.  It's the second one from the left in the image below.  Looks like chain links------------------

Link icon.PNG

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

yes, I've done that.  The trouble is the link which shows up is not underlined, and requires "control/click" to activate.  The same is true for copying/pasting an URL from another app or site.  I get the link OK, but it still requires control/click.  It's not obvious what to do and that's too much for several of my intended recipients.  I'm trying to insert a link in an email message which will show as an underlined link and the recipients can just click on it to see the site I'm trying to show them.  I receive many of those in a day, so there must be a way in Xfinity.  I appreciate your looking at this.

Expert

@bgaca wrote:

yes, I've done that.  The trouble is the link which shows up is not underlined, and requires "control/click" to activate.  The same is true for copying/pasting an URL from another app or site.  I get the link OK, but it still requires control/click.  It's not obvious what to do and that's too much for several of my intended recipients.  I'm trying to insert a link in an email message which will show as an underlined link and the recipients can just click on it to see the site I'm trying to show them.  I receive many of those in a day, so there must be a way in Xfinity.  I appreciate your looking at this.

Have you tried to do a copy/paste of the link, then highlight it and use the link insert with copy/paste of the link?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

I copy/pasted the link, highlighted it, used the "insert link" feature to insert it into my message.  What I get is a highlighted text,  not underlined, which STILL requires "control/click" to activate (which it does fine).

BTW, all of this did not happen in the past (can't say how long).  I just took a link from any address bar, dragged it to Word, then copy/pasted to the body of my message where it showed up as an underlined link,  that you could  just  click on.

So, same problem.

Official Employee

Hello bgaca. This sounds like the expected behavior when composing a message with an inserted hyperlink. The recipient of the message will received the link that can be single clicked and directed to the link. Have you been able to verify the recipient is having this issue? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Yes, problem solved.  When composing an email, after insertion the link is not underlined and requires control/click to activate.  When the composed email is actually sent, the link turns up underlined and the recipient can just click on it.  Thanks for the help.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Thanks for confirming resolution. Please let us know if you need help with anything else! We're happy to help. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.