Community Forum

is there a way to send a meeting invite in the email

New Poster

is there a way to send a meeting invite in the email

I want to be able to send meeting invites through the email.  Is there a way to do this?

Expert

Re: is there a way to send a meeting invite in the email

Can you clarify---------where are you generating the meetings?  If you're using a calendar app like Google calendar, you should be able to set up invites in that program.

New Poster

You can't send a meeting invite through the email like you can in Outlook?
Expert

The Comcast webmail (Appsuite) has no calendar function.  The old format had it, (the Plaxo calendar) but it was discontinued back in December of 2017.  So no, there is no way to send invites as a built-in feature of the email software.  

New Poster

Latoque, Thank you for the input.  It is too bad they do not have this function in the new email system.  This is something that is a basic in my point of view.

Cathy Lybrand

Expert

I/m guessing here, but I suspect that the reason they did not include the calendar in the new software is because of the poor usage track record of the Plaxo calendar when we had it.  If I'm honest, it wasn't the best calendar out of all the other ones you can have on the internet, and a lot of people, including myself, found it to be unreliable.  It would suddenly stop sending the email notices for appointments.  Way better calendars are available from Yahoo, Outlook.com, Google, and others.  I use Google calendar myself and have had no issues with it.

Just sayin