Community Forum

import email recipient list from excel into xfinity email

New Poster

import email recipient list from excel into xfinity email

I am a candidate for a timeshare interval owners association (IOA).  I and all candidates have authorization from the IOA to directly email all owners with our individual campaign messages.  In my case, that is over 4,000 distinct email recipients.  I have the email list in excel.  I am sufficiently skilled with excel formulae that I can manipulate that list into appropriately formatted text strings with appropriate separator such as comma, semicolon or space.  I have found the help page with email and  recipient limits. It is acceptable to spread my outgoing emails over five days. As I read the xfinity forum, I do not find an answer to the question how to efficiently insert the 100 (or less) email recipients from excel list into an email message.  Is there a page you can point me to? Or other advice?

Expert

Re: import email recipient list from excel into xfinity email

I don't have Excel, but I know that if you have the addresses separated by a comma, you can copy and paste them into any of the address fields for an outgoing email.  So if you can copy them into say MS Word or some other word processor document, you can give that a try.  As long as they are all correct, and you don't exceed the 100 per message and 1000 per day limits, it should work.  I've never tried with that many, but I have done it with 8 or 10 and it worked just fine for me.  I'm assuming you will use Bcc with larger groups like you are proposing.

New Poster

Thanks for the info.  Yes - I will be using bcc.  I have tested the comma separator with three emails so I knew about that.  The cause of my concern regarding large lists was based on some archived problems and responses in this forum.  I won't be sending the email for a few weeks.  If it works without problem, I'll come back and share that.

Expert

Suggestion---------try sending a test message to a group of maybe 30 or 40 people and ask them to respond to you.  That way you will at least know if it's going to work before you try sending out the real one.

Something that I didn't think of before;  can you export the Excel information as a .csv file?  If so, you could then import it into the Comcast address book.  You could then either select the contacts one at a time in the list and send an email to them.  You could select any number up to the limit, and then use the new message button in the toolbar.  Or, you could just create groups with the contacts and then send to the groups.

Just thinking out loud here.