Community Forum

imap.comast.net not responding

New Poster

imap.comast.net not responding

Looking to confirm if my comcast email issue is a known problem with comcast. My iphone says that imap.comcast.net is not responding and verify correct account info in Mail settings.  My Xfinity online email clocks and comes back with a message that some customers are experiencing issues with email and comcast is aware and working.  Everyone else in my house can get their email via comcast.  Thanks!

Expert

Re: imap.comast.net not responding

Did you check the settings in the Mail app on the phone?  Look here-------------

https://ssl.apple.com/support/mail-settings-lookup/

New Poster

Same for me. I’m unable to set up my email on my new iPhone..I get that same error. It’s very frustrating bc I can’t even get my email to load via the web browser on my phone, either. I was told 48-72 hours til fix and that was two days ago... We’ll see...
New Poster

Morning. Have iPhone 6s and having same problem with mail since i switched. Checked passwords ect, nothing helped! Gmail fine. On a whim, checked Gmail account to see how set up. Next to blue mail icon, switch was off. Turned on switch, and started receiving mail! Must have happened when switching to Xfinity Mobile. Hope this helps! Happy Easter to all!!

New Poster

Can you not fix this??!! I didn’t know other ppl are also dealing with it.
Expert

@bubbydog1 wrote:
Can you not fix this??!! I didn’t know other ppl are also dealing with it.

The thread you are responding to is 3 1/2 months old.  Please start your own thread and provide details about your issue.  I'm closing this thread.