Community Forum

i'm not getting emails notices from my meet-up groups

New Poster

i'm not getting emails notices from my meet-up groups

i belong to several meet-up groups and suddenly i'm not getting their reminder notices. it appears comcast is blocking these emails all of sudden. how do i get comcast to unblock my notices. it's not a problem with meet-up as i have it set up to receive notices via email. 

Expert

Re: i'm not getting emails notices from my meet-up groups

Check the Spam folder to see if it's going there.  If not, call Comcast security and see if there is a blocking issue for that sender's domain.  Mailing lists can be problematic in any email system.-----------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

New Poster

yeah, i've already checked the spam folder and there's nothing in it. i've checked my settings and there's nothing that's being blocked. as i've belonged to several meet-ups for quite a number of years and the loss of notifications started recently and there's nothing that meet-up is doing to cause it, it's gotta be something that comcast has suddenly implemented. it's really aggravating and it's not easy for me to call them during their business hours as i can't afford to be put on hold and wouldn't be able to acess my email when i call. i'm about ready to give up comcast altogether. 

Expert

If it was me, I'd change my email address at Meet-up.  Create an email address at Gmail, Yahoo!, or Outlook.com and use that for Meet-up.

Change my email address

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.