Community Forum

how to delete a gmail account in my Xfinity Connect Emil

Frequent Visitor

how to delete a gmail account in my Xfinity Connect Emil

I think the subjet says it all. I've looked all over on how to:

get rid of this

Error
Your access token for "My Google account is invalid. You have to reauthorize your account.

"BUT", when I clk on the reauthorize link I get this:

Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app

This app has not been verified yet by Google in order to use Google Sign In.

I DON'T EVEN CARE TO FIX IT NOW i  just want the pop-up to go away! 

Using Firefox, IE, Opera,  Comodo Dragon on W7 whie in Xfinity Connect Mail. On different boxes.

SEE PIC (jpg)

APP.jpg
Expert

Re: how to delete a gmail account in my Xfinity Connect Emil

On the Inbox page click on the gear icon in the upper right corner, then on Settings.  On the landing page click on "Accounts".  There you should see any accounts you have added to Xfinity.  Look to the right end of the Gmail account in question and click on the little trashcan icon.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thank youy very much.

At least it should get rid of the pop up.

What is funny (shameful) is that you are probably not getting paid by Comcast.

I hope you at least get free internet. Smiley Happy

I say shameful because no-one at comcast could answer that question.

Not one person from comcast even got back to me.

You sound like you know your stuff (tech talk -"stuff").

I will drop Comcast the very second my contract ends. I want to just get a good ISP for phone and internet. I will get TV from Roku etc...

Any ideas? ISP? Not Xfinity or Fious.

The reason I dislike Ccomcast so much is I connect at areond 100 MBs (was supposed to be way higher as you know.. I don't have High Def on my TV, all which was promised.

I live outside of Phily, Norristown Pa.

Ive searched the web but asking someone like you is always a better option.

I'm also migrating to Thunderbird or Em....  Email, Know a better one with its own POP STMP etc... ?

I'm really pushing huh?

Be Safe

If you can't answer that is OK I appreaciate the help above.

Thanks again,

Brian

Expert

@Brian_14 wrote:

Thank youy very much.

At least it should get rid of the pop up.

What is funny (shameful) is that you are probably not getting paid by Comcast.

I hope you at least get free internet. Smiley Happy

I say shameful because no-one at comcast could answer that question.

Not one person from comcast even got back to me.

You sound like you know your stuff (tech talk -"stuff").

I will drop Comcast the very second my contract ends. I want to just get a good ISP for phone and internet. I will get TV from Roku etc...

Any ideas? ISP? Not Xfinity or Fious.

The reason I dislike Ccomcast so much is I connect at areond 100 MBs (was supposed to be way higher as you know.. I don't have High Def on my TV, all which was promised.

I live outside of Phily, Norristown Pa.

Ive searched the web but asking someone like you is always a better option.

I'm also migrating to Thunderbird or Em....  Email, Know a better one with its own POP STMP etc... ?

I'm really pushing huh?

Be Safe

If you can't answer that is OK I appreaciate the help above.

Thanks again,

Brian

Keep in mind that not all Comcast employees are familiar with every service or feature that the company has to offer.  A lot of them probably don't use their Comcast email. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

again I thank you. They keep sending me email asking if the problem was resolved. It was thanks to you.

Frequent Visitor

hey guess who?

Your answer worked to get rid of the one gmail address. The other (gmail acc)  which was still working stopped. So I went through the same (gear,settings, accounts...)

But this time it stayed on the Xfinity Connect email window and now I get a new error message Smiley Happy See pic's and I think you will understand.

The only account left under accounts is the Comcast account the Gmail account did delete but stayed under the "add accounts" box.

Is there another way to delete it?

Please don't misunderstand me. I try very hard to never take it out on a emmployee or especially a volunteer. I doubt that upper managment calls you for advice or to tell you what they are doing.

Its just frustrating sometimes.  I'm paying for a service that I am not getting but that's life sometimes. We all eat some crow.

Thanks, I really do appreciate your help.

Frequent Visitor

I forgot to add the pics

Here they are

1 accounts.jpg
3 edit.jpg
Contributor

Hi Brian,  I'm having the same issue. Did you ever get a fix for it?   Kiaville

Frequent Visitor

sorry for taking so long.

To Del a gmail acc=

On the Inbox page click on the gear icon in the upper right corner, then on Settings. On the landing page click on "Accounts". There you should see any accounts you have added to Xfinity. Look to the right end of the Gmail account in question and click on the little trashcan icon.

Pretty easy but be careful. I had more then one Gmail account. I deleted them but one stayed. When I go to the above options (accounts) I only have one account left but it reads as my   .comcast.net  account and I am afraid it is my default Xfinity account and do not want to delete it... I may be deleting my comcast account.

I hope it works better for you