Community Forum

how to change font and font size

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

how to change font and font size

How can I make changes to the default font and font size in comcast email?

Tom

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Re: how to change font and font size

If you are asking about email you send with Comcast's Open-Xchange "Appsuite" webmail ("...connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/..."), see https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Email-Web-Browsing/Email-Default-Settings/m-p/3142997#M202197.

Highlighted
New Poster

@tamarcet wrote:

Tom

Highlighted
Expert

@jerrynewton01 wrote:

@tamarcet wrote:

Tom

In Xfinity.Connect webmail, click on the gear icon [next to the question mark], then on Settings.

In the right pane scroll down to Default font style

Click on the three choices to make your selections.

If this doesn't "take" clear your cookies for xfinity.connect, close your browser, start it in a new session, and make your changes again.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Used to be able to change font within an email, regardless of "default font". Can I do this any more?

Ben

Highlighted
Expert

@bensabio wrote:

Used to be able to change font within an email, regardless of "default font". Can I do this any more?

Ben

Click on the down arrow

format bar.jpg

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yeah, that's what used to be on my email menu bar.   But now it just looks like this: (I took a screen shot and selected it on the "Choose Files" button.  Have no idea where it went from there).  Anyway, my email menu bar has most of what you showed, but lacks the font selection item (it does have font size and color and background color, but no font style).  Also, recently the email function puts all emails being composed into a popup window that is very annoying.  Can't access the emails behind it without Saving it!  That's another problem.  Any idea what they did with the email format a month or so ago?

Screen Shot 2019-12-23 at 7.23.16 PM.png
Highlighted
Expert

@bensabio wrote:

Yeah, that's what used to be on my email menu bar.   But now it just looks like this: (I took a screen shot and selected it on the "Choose Files" button.  Have no idea where it went from there).  Anyway, my email menu bar has most of what you showed, but lacks the font selection item (it does have font size and color and background color, but no font style).  Also, recently the email function puts all emails being composed into a popup window that is very annoying.  Can't access the emails behind it without Saving it!  That's another problem.  Any idea what they did with the email format a month or so ago?

Have you tried clearing your browser cache lately?  Tried a different browser?

Highlighted
Expert

@bensabio wrote:

What you are looking at is the compact view of the Compose page.  Click on the little arrow icon in the upper right corner of the screen to open up the rest of the toolbar------------------

Screen Shot 2019-12-23 at 9.17.25 PM.jpg

Highlighted
Expert

@Latoque I never realized that!  Thanks!  👍

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@Latoque Yay!  That worked!  Thanks so much.  Do you have any insight about the new pop-up window style of the compose email?  The main problem is that it is immovable, and totally blocks the email inbox from being used, so I can't refer to other emails while composing the current one (except for the one I'm replying to.  But often I want to see others.)  Have they made this change for everyone, and is there any way to eliminate it?  Thanks so much for your help, and Happy Holidays!! - Ben

Highlighted
Expert

@bensabio wrote:

@Latoque Yay!  That worked!  Thanks so much.  Do you have any insight about the new pop-up window style of the compose email?  The main problem is that it is immovable, and totally blocks the email inbox from being used, so I can't refer to other emails while composing the current one (except for the one I'm replying to.  But often I want to see others.)  Have they made this change for everyone, and is there any way to eliminate it?  Thanks so much for your help, and Happy Holidays!! - Ben

Use the minimize icon to the left of the arrows.  That will minimize the window down to the bottom of your screen.  To maximize it, just click on the little box or the bar itself.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@Again That did it!  Wow! Thanks so much!  Scored 2 for 2 in just a few hours today.  Happy Holidays to you, too!

Ben

Highlighted
Expert

@Again wrote:

@bensabio wrote:

Use the minimize icon to the left of the arrows.  That will minimize the window down to the bottom of your screen.  To maximize it, just click on the little box or the bar itself.

Now you're one up on me.  I didn't try that and it locates it to the left bottom of the screen out of the way.  I'm running Vivaldi for my browser.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Email Font changes

How do I permanently change fonts in Xfinity emails sending and opening? In webmail, click on the gear on the right side and then on Settings. Under Mail Settings scroll down until you see Default font style. Click on Font and make your choice