Community Forum

how do i add a second e-mail address

New Poster

how do i add a second e-mail address

I already have one e-mail address in comcast  but would like to add a new e-mail address for my business. Is that possible? If yes, how do it accomplish it.

Expert

Re: how do i add a second e-mail address

You can have up to 6 additional email accounts in Comcast besides your primary account.  Sign on to your primary account and click on the "Users & Settings" tab at the top of the page.  You should see a link in blue underneath your user name that says "Create Secondary User".  Click on that and follow the instructions and you can set up another account.

New Poster

there is no user preferences on page

Gold Problem Solver

Are you signing in to My Account as the PRIMARY Comcast user account? (email address name)

If you do not see Users & Preferences you are most likely signing in as a secondary user account.

The primary account holder will have to sign in and create a new email account address.

New Poster

I am having issues with this as well. I clicked in on the User & Preferences tab.

And then tried to add another user and just add anothe email address to the main user. They both give me error messages about utilizing a @comcast.net extension. They are wanting some other email address extension like yahoo, gmail, etc.

Can you not have (2) email addresses on comcast that end in @comcast.net?

New Poster

Never mind. Got it.

New Poster

I'm having the same issue. What is the solution here? Please share it.

Thanks

Expert

photobob wrote:

I'm having the same issue. What is the solution here? Please share it.

Thanks

You can have up to 6 additional secondary email accounts in Comcast besides your primary account. Sign in to the account with your primary user ID. Here's the instructions-------------

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/adding-new-user-names-or-email-addresses/

New Poster

It doesn't work, we want to add an additional email address, not a new user...

Expert

The new user IS the new email address.  The User ID in an email address is that portion of it to the left of the @ symbol.  So if you created JoeBlo as the new user, the address is JoeBlo(at)comcast.net

New Poster

I am logged in to the primary account for xfinity and I'm on Users and Preferences but it doesn't give me the option anywhere to add a secondary email or another user?? HELP

Expert

Usually when you don't see the Add User tab, it means you are logged into a restricted secondary account.  But if you are certain it's the Primary, you need to call Comcast and ask them to give you the permissions you need.  Start by calling Comcast security-----------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329