Community Forum

how do I set up email so that I know the person it is going to opened or read it

New Poster

how do I set up email so that I know the person it is going to opened or read it

When I send an email to someone is there a way I know that they opened it or read it?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: how do I set up email so that I know the person it is going to opened or read it

If you are using Comcast's webmail, you can try using a feature called "Read receipts". The older "Zimbra" webmail ("web.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/...") does not support Read receipts, but the newer Open-Xchange "Appsuite" webmail ("connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/...") does. To request a Read receipt in Appsuite, click Options in the Compose window, then "Request read receipt".

Many third party email programs and apps also support Read receipts, but . . .

Read receipts only work if both the sending and the receiving email software support them (many webmail systems don't), and typically only if the recipient grants permission to send them (many users never do). Given the limitations, consider including some version of "Please reply so I know you got this" with the message you send.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: how do I set up email so that I know the person it is going to opened or read it

thanks I will try it