Community Forum

how can i set a spam filter for incoming email?

New Poster

how can i set a spam filter for incoming email?

I continually get what I regard as spam email in my inbox. I usually use the Comcast web client for processing my email. i confinually geet email of the form <Sally Jenson> and when I mouse over the name the real sender pops up and the result looks like:

<Sally Jenson> sam.spade@nowhere.ne.jp

The sender of this always picks a name (Sally Jenson) that I have in my address book or contacts list. The text of the note is always some common thing like "Just thought of you when I ran across this". Fortunately my antenna get aroused easily these days and I will always mouse over the name field in the address line to see who is really sending the email and I either delete it or put it in the spam folder. I would like to know if there is a product that implements a set of processing rules for email. Microsoft Outlook (not Express) used to have a capability that allowed an email client to run a set of filters to sort email. It worked great but I no longer have that option.

Thanks to anyone who sees this and replies....!

Dave

Gold Problem Solver

Re: how can i set a spam filter for incoming email?

Please see https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/spam-filters-and-email-blocking-new-experience, especially "Set Up Email Filters" about halfway down the page.