Community Forum

facebook e-mail

New Poster

facebook e-mail

My FB was hacked and they changed my comast e-mail address.   When I try to reset my password, the 6 digit code is never received by me!   They changed the address to ******@e***********.com    and mine ends in .net and there is no e after the "@".   Needless to say, I am so frustrated.   I am still receiving all of my e-mails from friends, stores, etc, so I know my e-mail is working.   The code is just going somewhere else.   Should I just set up a new comcast account and then a new FB account?   I'm just wondering if it is just a matter of time before they hack into my e-mail account.

Expert

Re: facebook e-mail

Stotz32 wrote:

My FB was hacked and they changed my comast e-mail address.   When I try to reset my password, the 6 digit code is never received by me!   They changed the address to ******@e***********.com    and mine ends in .net and there is no e after the "@".   Needless to say, I am so frustrated.   I am still receiving all of my e-mails from friends, stores, etc, so I know my e-mail is working.   The code is just going somewhere else.   Should I just set up a new comcast account and then a new FB account?   I'm just wondering if it is just a matter of time before they hack into my e-mail account.

Have you asked Facebook support about this?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Re: facebook e-mail

FB doesn't seem to talk directly to their customers.  I have e-mailed back and forth with them.  They refer to several online links to help remedy the situation.  However, there is nothing online that tells you what to do if your e-mail was changed and you can't receive the code!