Community Forum

emails go to draft instead of sent

Regular Visitor

emails go to draft instead of sent

Emails end up in draft folder rather than being sent. Also can not send from draft folder.

New Poster

Re: emails go to draft instead of sent

Me, too.  Only on the iPad.  Any answer?

Frequent Visitor

Me too!

Regular Visitor

Still trying to work through it.

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

Did chat with xfinity support. They know there is a problem. They have a team working on it. Will supposedly call when they have a resolution...they wrote a service ticket. Suggest you do same. Maybe they will work faster if more people complain directly to them.

Frequent Visitor

Problem on iPad is with xfinity ad Safari. They are working on it but work around for now is to download xfinity connect from App Store (free) and can send emails. 

Regular Visitor

Also chatted with xfinity help, but after several maneuvers I was cut off. Will likely need to contact again. Until there is a fix, I found I can receive/send emails through mail icon in launch pad. However, no address book with this route.

Regular Visitor

I upgraded my Macbook Pro OS to High Sierra (Safari version 11.1). Sending/receiving email corrected and now working. JAR

Frequent Visitor

Glad your problem resolved. iPad problem continues.

Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue with my MacBook using web for e-mail. Can receive but it won't send. Moves it to the draft folder. I can use the mobile app to send from my draft folder from my phone. It's a workaround, but can't be permanent as it's a pain!

New Poster

I have not been able to send, same situation as you emails in draft. I spoke with one representative yesterday and she sent in a service ticket for an "advanced" person to handle the problem. This morning I received two emails from comcast saying the problem had been solved. However, the emails still in draft setting and have not been sent. Spoke with 2nd person today who indicated it is a widespread problem since April 26th and engineering is working on it. They have no idea of when it will be fixed. Their solution is to download Chrome browser. However, my mac pro is two years old with many photos taking up space and I doubt I have enough space to download another browser. Khaut

Official Employee

Hello, 

Thank you to those who replied with your browser version, it was critical in assisting our trouble-shooting efforts. 

We have identified an issue with older browsers before Safari 11 where sending a message saved the message to drafts instead of sending it.

If you have the most up to date browser the send issue will not affect you. 

We realize that not everyone can, or wants to update to the latest browser and we have come up with a fix and are in the process testing so we can safely implement it overnight. 

Thank you again for your assitance and your understanding. 

Brett

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I have a Samsun 7+ edge.  I just started having the problem today  (Sept 1st, 2018) so this is not "older version" issue!  Please fix, Yes I can go straight to your site and fix but I don't have my contacts available then.