Community Forum

email

Regular Visitor

email

Why are selected/highlighted (not checked) emails no longer being marked as "Read"? Manually marking emails as "Read" makes no sense. I believe the xfinity mail app used to mark selected/highlighted emails as "Read" automatically.

The phone app and all other email clients I use mark emails as "Read" automatically. It would make sense for the xfinity mail app to do the same.

Tags (1)
Expert

Re: email

There is no setting for this.  When you open an email it should be marked as read.  How are you accessing the webmail?

Regular Visitor

Firefox on Mac. Just checked Chrome, and same behavior. Mail is not marked as read when selected. Only if I double-click to open or manually mark it as read.

Expert

@bbdl47s wrote:

Firefox on Mac. Just checked Chrome, and same behavior. Mail is not marked as read when selected. Only if I double-click to open or manually mark it as read.

The default behavior is that if you check the box to only select it, it remains unread.  If you actually open the message to read it, it should get marked as read.  Which "view" are you using----Vertical, Horizontal, or List?

New Poster

My email will no longer mark as read when I open it to read it.  The only way I can get it marked as read is to manually mark each email after reading it.  Does anyone know a solution to fix this.  The old web client would mark them as read once I read and closed them.  I am using list view in Chrome.

New Poster

Well, I have determined that it will mark them as read as long as I don't use the "sort by Unread" setting.  Apparently the screen will not refresh the read status if you are sorting by unread items.  Not good!