Community Forum

email won't open

Regular Visitor

email won't open

Although I can get to my email page, when I click on a specific email, it will not open.  What should I do to access email?

Frequent Visitor

Re: email won't open

My emails are not working this morning ether they download the header but no message

in web mail it will give a message "This mail has no content" I have to have my emails for my records

I can get to the message that was sent from my bank from there page so I know it has content.

please fix this,

New Poster

I'm having the same problem, and it's been an ongoing problem for a few months now.  If there was another provider in my area I'd switch in a heartbeat, but alas, there's not.

Regular Contributor

I have the same problem!  For some reason, the emails are being replaced by "unknown sender" and "no content", and the email refuses to open!  When will the email issues be fixed?!  Cat Sad

Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same problem.  I can load my inbox but when I click on a message the dreaded round thing just continues to spin and I eventually receive an error message that it can't load message content; the connection to the remote server failed, etc......

It would truly be nice if Comcast would respond and/or acknowledge that this is an issue and when it might be fixed?  I, like others (I'm assuming) need to get at my emails....waiting on some important ones especially today....this is truly frustrating and has been on and off with this entire email situation ever since Comcast 'switched'.  Some input from someone at Comcast would be nice.....

Regular Visitor

me too. I have been sitting on hold with Xfinity help for half an hour

Frequent Visitor

Same issue here in Minneapolis!  I can see all my incoming emails yet when I click on it to see the actual email content it churns and churns (and churns) and then gives me a message about a timeout error connecting to a server.

This new email interface is a JOKE. Old interface was simple and fast.

Frequent Visitor

Same here, I get "this email has no content" or two spinning arrows. :\

Frequent Visitor

Same in Houston, Texas. I use the Web access for my e-mails for work. This is the second time in the past few weeks I cannot send or receive e-mails. This is garbage! Customer Service on chat is no help. If this new e-mail application isn't working, GET RID OF IT! Switch back to the old one.  I want what I am paying for, reliable access to my e-mails. 

Regular Contributor

Getting:

503 Service Unavailable

No server is available to handle this request.

(left the emphasis in above!)

Also dead on Apple Mail (cannot connect to imap.email.comcast.net). I gave up on that Xfinity Mail app while back.

Regular Visitor

Same here!  I need information in several of my emails and I keep getting the circling arrow, then it says there is no content in the email and it's an unknown user!  Fix this!!!  I'm so sick of paying big money for crappy service!

New Poster

imap server is out for Northern California, may be national

Regular Visitor

With what I pay a month I'm about over Comcast.

There seems to be a new problem every day

To days problem :  email in box will not load. Keeps saying refresh...Comcast you need to refresh

New Poster

Re: email won't open---same issue.

503 Service Unavailable

No server is available to handle this request.

Regular Visitor

This message is on the chat page:

XFINITY Chat

We apologize for the inconvenience. We are currently experiencing a problem with our Comcast.net email services. We are working diligently to resolve this issue and will restore your email service as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience! Thank you for being a valued Comcast customer.

Contributor

I'm not expecting a quick fix... this has happened several times over the past few months and it was down for the rest of the evening/night.

Frequent Visitor

Re: email won't open - fixed in Mnpls?

Email appears to be working now here in Minneapolis.
Regular Visitor

Hooray! My email is back.  Thanks Comcast!

Contributor

This message is on the chat page:

XFINITY Chat

We apologize for the inconvenience. We are currently experiencing a problem with our Comcast.net email services. We are working diligently to resolve this issue and will restore your email service as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience! Thank you for being a valued Comcast customer.

Get the same message when you call them.  At least they are giving a message that there is a problem instead of having to speak with an agent who is out of the loop.  However....WHY is there continual problems with Comcast email?  It is all well and good to  say that you apprciate our patience, but just fix the email once and for all.  This is the 5th or 6th email outage I've had this year.  Unacceptable by any standards and it doesn't seem to be getting better.

New Poster

OK it's now March 29 and still no fix with this "does not open" email problem.  What gives, Comcast????

Regular Visitor

Happened to me the tech had me reboot and the reboot server. It fixed it