Community Forum

email welcome message

Regular Visitor

email welcome message

The message loads once, goes away then loads again. Start bout 5 weeks ago. Been ignoring but it taking up time to get to message. Why?
Expert

Re: email welcome message

Can you clarify-------are you getting this message from Comcast?  Or someplace else?  When are you seeing it----------when signing into the account or some other time?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I log in to my email. First screen appears with welcome message, goes away then same screen appears again. Have chatted with comcast and they either don't want to recognize what I am asking or realy can't/don't do anything to fix. They also don's say that's the way it is.ive with it.
Expert

@lippin wrote:
I log in to my email. First screen appears with welcome message, goes away then same screen appears again. Have chatted with comcast and they either don't want to recognize what I am asking or realy can't/don't do anything to fix. They also don's say that's the way it is.ive with it.

I just tried and it works OK for me.  Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session. If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Cleared Firefox browser. Problem continues. Tried Chrome browser, problem continues.
Expert

@lippin wrote:
Cleared Firefox browser. Problem continues. Tried Chrome browser, problem continues.

The Welcome message is something permanent, I believe.  So many people complained about it taking a long time to get to their web email that this was put in place to let users know something was happening and they would be taken to their email after it was loaded.  There isn't any way to get rid of it.

Contributor

I have same issue - it's like something put into effect to cover up their inability to load email as fast as they used to....grrrrr