Community Forum

email spam

New Poster

email spam

I have removed comcast.net email address from my computers, ipad, and iphone and just use gmail accounts.  Now I look at xfinity remote for any emails still going there.  The xfinity has about 15 or more spam emails on Mail with many in the Spam section each day which is why I stopped using comcast.com on my devices.

Please xfinity do something about your comcast.net accounts or remove them.

Expert

Re: email spam

You need to clarify what you are doing;  you want the accounts removed from where?  Are you using a desktop email client or a mobile mail app or what?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I WANT TO CLOSE MY COMCAST.NET EMAIL ACCOUNT AND NEED TO KNOW HOW TO DO THIS.  I ONLY HAVE USED IT BY GOING TO XFINITY.COM TO SEE THE EMAILS.

I DON'T HAVE IT ONLY ANY COMPUTERS.

Expert

@Mary421 wrote:

I WANT TO CLOSE MY COMCAST.NET EMAIL ACCOUNT AND NEED TO KNOW HOW TO DO THIS.  I ONLY HAVE USED IT BY GOING TO XFINITY.COM TO SEE THE EMAILS.

I DON'T HAVE IT ONLY ANY COMPUTERS.

First, turn off the all-caps.  It is a violation of the forum posting guidelines,  If you don't, your post will be removed.  Second----you can't close your Comcast email account since it is the sign-in credential for all your Comcast services.  Just stop using it for anything else if you don't like it.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I don't like it because I don't have "real" email going to it.  Only spam, junk, and at least 20 or more in a day.

I will call Comcast to have them close my mail account.