Community Forum

email not sent

New Poster

email not sent

I have not been able to send an email message through Microsoft Outlook, which is on a current subscription, since March 1, 2018. An internet search reveals that other people are having the same problem. My out going mail settings are set to comcast current recommendations: smtp.comcast.net, port 587, encryption=SSL/TLS . The test returns "does not support the connection encryption type you have specified". Is there a change with comcast's current email upgrade and what is the solution for me.

Expert

Re: email not sent

Try it with port 465 for the outgoing server.  Is it offering any other encryption options?

New Poster

Hello,

I have 2 Comcast email accounts and one set to outgoing mail port 587 and one to 465.  They both return the same message when sending a test outgoing mail:  "Send test email message: Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified. Try changing the encryption method. Contact your mail server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP) for additional assistance."  I have tried setting up the email accounts using all available encryption methods with the same results.

I am outside of the USA at this time, so I have not called Comcast.  Is there a way to contact them through email or text messaging.  I am sensing that this is a wide spread problem, but I have been affected fo more than a week now.

mechanicalpfg

Expert

Using Comcast email outside the U.S. gets really problematic.  Call Comcast security and see if they can offer guidance in this situation-----------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329