Community Forum

email login error message

New Poster

email login error message

Unable to access my email / Getting error mssg = . 

error="unsupported_response_type", error_description="Unsupported response types: [none]"

.What's the fix???

Regular Visitor

Re: email login error message

I got the same error message yesterday too.  Hi COMCAST, what is the fix? thanks.

Regular Visitor

I found out how to fix on my Chrome: removed the bookmark of the comcast email.  Then restart Chrome type "Comcast Email login" fon Google Search. Then book mark the new link.  Somehow the old Comcast link corrupted.  With the new link it works fine.

New Poster

EXCELLENT! Contacted Comcast, and Google, searched online they had no clue what was going on for about 10 days now until your fix solved my issue. Thank You!

Regular Visitor

error="unsupported_response_type", error_description="Unsupported response types: [none]"

I receive this EVERY TIME I log in - I am unable to make payments to comcast/xfinity - they also tell me that I do NOT have an account with them (I've had one for 27 years) - YET they send me letters DEMANDING PAYMENT.  They ILLEGALLY force me to pay $5.99 to pay by phone every month and also claim that the account associated with my phone number is at a different address than mine.  NONE OF THIS MAKES ANY SENSE AT ALL. HELLO?

New Poster

when i try to log in to my account i get the error screen 

what i am or do i need to to do to correct this?

Expert

@jackiefay62 wrote:

when i try to log in to my account i get the error screen 

what i am or do i need to to do to correct this?

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session. If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.

New Poster

Thank you so much for providing a solution to a problem that has been plaguing me for months and such a simple solution that Comcast couldn't even provide after multiple calls! They didn't even acknowledge knowing any problem existed with logins and clearly I'm not the only one having suffered with the issue. Just wanted to say thanks!

Expert

@RG34 wrote:

Thank you so much for providing a solution to a problem that has been plaguing me for months and such a simple solution that Comcast couldn't even provide after multiple calls! They didn't even acknowledge knowing any problem existed with logins and clearly I'm not the only one having suffered with the issue. Just wanted to say thanks!

You're quite welcome.  But this is nothing peculiar to Comcast.  Browsers can build up stores of TIFs, cookies and other small files from normal browsing activity that can get corrupted, broken or just expire.  When that happens it can cause all manner of strange problems.  Glad you got it sorted out.

New Poster

Thank you so much for posting this information. I have been having the exact same problem since last spring, just as others have on this site, and Comcast has not responded to my questions. I was able to use a different browser than I normally use, so got around the problem. But I thought I would try again to figure out what was going wrong, and now there is at least a chain of discussion on the topic, with your very helpful suggestion.  Clearing all the history information did the trick!

Expert

@NW_biker wrote:

Thank you so much for posting this information. I have been having the exact same problem since last spring, just as others have on this site, and Comcast has not responded to my questions. I was able to use a different browser than I normally use, so got around the problem. But I thought I would try again to figure out what was going wrong, and now there is at least a chain of discussion on the topic, with your very helpful suggestion.  Clearing all the history information did the trick!

A little tip you may want to file away for future reference-------------try to make sure you are always using the latest version of your browser.  Sometimes older versions can't keep up with newer content at websites.

New Poster

• I already had checked that issue. I am using a very recent version, so recent that I was worried that my new browser version had broken something when I started having problems logging in.  It was the clearing all the history/cache that was the key here. Thanks again!