Community Forum

email inbox suddenly emptying to trash...

Frequent Visitor

My email inbox suddenly emptys w/o warning.....perhaps once a week on average....been doing it off and on for 6 months......talked with reps on phone several times......done the chat thing too several times....even got a call back from a senior security rep once....and I've changed my password......etc....etc.....comcast even sent out a service rep to upgrade my modem.....etc......problem now is same as it has been for months...nothing changed....

Is it something evil in the comcast email system?....or is it some attack from outside?...or something else?....how can we get it identified and fixed?..... 

Expert

Re: email inbox suddenly emptying to trash...

Can you clarify-------the messages are actually going into the Trash folder, or are they just vanishing?  Do you have the account enabled on another computer/device using POP3?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

yes, Latoque, to clarify, the total inbox goes to the trash folder .......and I don't know what POP3 is......I occasionaly have accessed email on my kindle fire tablet......but rarely.......  

Expert

When you reply to a post, just use the Reply button in the post you are replying to rather than creating a new thread.  It keeps things together so the conversation doesn't get disjointed.  Check your settings to see if you have a filter set up to route everything to the Trash folder.  it's the only other thing I can think of that could cause this situation.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

OK...I've had everyone on chat.... and phone..... and a home service rep..... and now you ......tell me that there isn't any obvious solution.....I accept that....but after 6 months of frustration, I guess I need to think about changing internet suppliers......any suggestions?..

Expert

The only option I have left is to escalate this thread to the forum admins to see if they can get some better traction on the problem.  So I am doing that.  You should see a response here in this thread soon.

Official Employee

Hi tuckerfarm, I would like to help investigate this further for you.  Please send me a private message with your full name to begin.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

You sent me an email today ask ing me if there was a solution...

No solution yet....Latoque and Phil both asked for info, but neither got back to me with any solution....still waiting for input from you..... 

Expert

@tuckerfarm wrote:

You sent me an email today ask ing me if there was a solution...

No solution yet....Latoque and Phil both asked for info, but neither got back to me with any solution....still waiting for input from you..... 

I can't look at your account, which is why I escalated this issue to the forum admins for follow-up.  ComcastPhil asked you to PM him-------did you do that?

Frequent Visitor

sure did...several times..