Community Forum

email hacking?

Regular Contributor

email hacking?

How can I contact xfinity in regards to this? I strongly suspect that my email was hacked for the purpose of hacking my amazon account. I need some help with this badly. I keep changing my email password, but I keep seeing deleted emails when I go to recover deleted emails and I'm sure I didn't delete the emails. 

Expert

Re: email hacking?

Were the deleted ones emails you actually got in the Inbox in the first place?  Were they legitimate messages?  Run a complete A/V scan of your system to see if it finds anything wrong.  I would also call Comcast security and ask them to look at your account------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

No, the emails were not emails I had already deleted. The emails just ended up in the Recover Deleted Emails. I finally reached comcast and after 20 minutes on hold, I was connected with Security. I had already changed my password and had 2 step authentication in place but the security tech said the hacker knew my secret question so he had me change it. I was also told that they would be monitoring my email account for activity from other countries. I'm from USA. I have a MacBook Pro with X Protect and Gatekeeper built in. I also have Maleware Bytes which I run regularly. My amazon account was also hacked and referred for security measures. My payment method is removed so other than annoying me by changing my password no one can buy anything. I'm waiting to hear from amazon which I'm told can take 1-2 days.

Official Employee

Thank you for posting, lkpolovchik! The only team that can assist you is CSA (Customer Security Assurance). I can contact them and see if they can escalate it further. I received a private message from you and will reply back. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

I spoke with them this afternoon. They checked my filter and told me that nothing is hidden. They felt that the hacker(s) were going into my email and deleting change password request then deleleting so the emails were found in my recover deleted emails. We went over a lot of security steps and all steps were done by me. Thank you for replying. 

Official Employee

@lkpolovchik - Thank you for letting me know and sending the details in PM. Your issue has been already escalated and CSA Tier 2 team should be able to assist. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

Thank you very much.

Regular Visitor

This exact same scnerio happend to me with my amazon account being hacked through comcast.  Not a single individual responded to me from either amazon or comcast as a result.  Total incompetance in both companies security teams.

Official Employee

Hi @freelancegrafx

Thank you for posting to the Xfinity Forum. I apologize for the delayed reply, but, I would love to help take a deeper look into this or contact the CSA team for you so they can assist you. Can you please verify your first and last name in a private message? To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message.