Community Forum

email folder color change

New Poster

email folder color change

how do you change the color of an email folder

Expert

Re: email folder color change

If you are still in the old email format, you should see the option to pick a color for a folder when you first create it.  If you are in the new format, there is no option to change a color for a folder.

New Poster

Thanks!

Expert

pickturn19 wrote:

Thanks!

I should have added that once you are migrated to the new format, any color settings you have on folders in the old one will not carry over.  

Regular Visitor

That really is not the answer I was hoping for. The new format is so light you can hardly read it. Hopefully this is something that will be changed soon.

Expert

Snowman99 wrote:

That really is not the answer I was hoping for. The new format is so light you can hardly read it. Hopefully this is something that will be changed soon.

Did you try changing the theme?  It makes a lot of difference compared to the default.  From the Inbox page click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the page, then on Settings>>>>>Basic Settings>>>>Themes.  I like the Sienna myself.

Frequent Visitor

I think I lost the ability to color Xfinity folders when I "updated" to a new more advanced version. The hype did not point out what would be lost. Improved?? Why did they do that? Especially without telling us what was lost.

Somtimes Xfinity made folders into subfolders upon opening. When the correctly colored folder got in the wrong place, I couldn't move it back, so I created a new uncolored folder with a different temporary folder name, moved the files into the temporary folder, then moved the temporary folder back to the right place and changed  to the correct color. Easy, once I worked it out. In my long folder list, the colors made it much quicker to the folders i wanted.

Bill