Community Forum

email error message

Regular Visitor

email error message

I continually receive the following error message when I connect to my email account: "We're sorry. It looks like something went wrong. Please try again in a moment."'

Please advise

Official Employee

Re: email error message

Hi, GSheindlin! Welcome to our community! Are you getting an error message on your PC or tablet/smartphone? Does it happen every time when you sign in? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Does not appear everytime. But consistently enough to be very annoying. I received a telephone call from someone who says he's a "Tech"  with Comcast but who says her does not have the ability to send me an email. That is strange and without sense.

The message still appears and no one seems to have an answer other than "we are looking into the problem" which is not an answer. A simple question asked by me goes unanswered to wit "Has any other users experienced the same error message?" the answer is either "Yes" or "No" not "We are working on it". 

Official Employee

Does not appear everytime. But consistently enough to be very annoying. I received a telephone call from someone who says he's a "Tech"  with Comcast but who says her does not have the ability to send me an email. That is strange and without sense.

The message still appears and no one seems to have an answer other than "we are looking into the problem" which is not an answer. A simple question asked by me goes unanswered to wit "Has any other users experienced the same error message?" the answer is either "Yes" or "No" not "We are working on it". 

Hi GSheindlin. I haven't seen many reports on this exact error for the Connect app suite. Have you tried clearing cache and cookies? Are you using a mobile device or computer to access your email? Are you using a third party email software like thunderbird or outlook?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

I have not cleared cookies etc.

I'm using a 2018 Mac desktop

I'm using Comcast as my email server

Official Employee

GSheindlin, got it thanks. Please attempt to clear cache and cookies and let me know if the problem persists. 

Ken

Official Employee

GSheindlin, were you able to retest after clearing cache and cookie data?

Official Employee

I wanted to follow up, GSheindlin. 

I wanted to touch base before closing out your post. 

Did you have any other questions?