Community Forum

email and address book

Regular Visitor

email and address book

My groups button isn't working in my address book. What's wrong?

Expert

Re: email and address book

@tedargo wrote:

My groups button isn't working in my address book. What's wrong?

What happens when you try?  How are you going about it?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Regular Visitor

Previously when I typed my group name in the address bar on an email, the group would pop up. Now it doesn't. I have to enter each person individually.

Expert

@tedargo wrote:

Previously when I typed my group name in the address bar on an email, the group would pop up. Now it doesn't. I have to enter each person individually.

Are you in Zimbra or Appsuite [connect.xfinity.com/appsuite]?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Regular Visitor

I'm on my desktop at home, with chrome.

Gold Problem Solver

Does your webmail page look like this one (Appsuite) :

HOW11365_11_15_16_05

Or like this one (Zimbra) :

HOW6328_11-11-2014_001

Regular Visitor

Looks like Appsuite.

Expert

@tedargo wrote:

Looks like Appsuite.

Open a Compost window.

Click on To:

From the popup box click on the group name and then on Select

The To: field will be populated with the contacts

If you want to send a BCC mail

Click on BCC on the right to include that field

Click on BCC:

From the popup box click on the group name and then on Select

The BCC: field will be populated with the contacts.

Regular Visitor

Well, that worked, but it's a much longer process than I used to be able to do (a few days ago), where I could type in the first letters of the group in the address bar and it would pop up right there. Thanks for your help.

Contributor

I am having the same problem. When I am in "compose" mode and I type in any of my email groups' names, the pop up box does NOT contain any of my group's names. Before today, I followed the procedure you described and the pop up would contain a group name, but as of today, that is not working. That is, the pop-up box is not picking up any of my groups names. Strange...Any more ideas on why? or what else to try? Thanks.
Expert

@fchrisgarcia wrote:
I am having the same problem. When I am in "compose" mode and I type in any of my email groups' names, the pop up box does NOT contain any of my group's names. Before today, I followed the procedure you described and the pop up would contain a group name, but as of today, that is not working. That is, the pop-up box is not picking up any of my groups names. Strange...Any more ideas on why? or what else to try? Thanks.

This doesn't work with a BCC, but go to your Address Book and click on the Group name.  You should see three lines just to the right.  If you click on that you get a choice for Send email.  Clicking on that should populate the To: field.

Contributor

Thank you for the alternate route. Now if I can figure a way to fill the CC field with the members of my groups.

Maybe Comcast will magically repair this and return the function to its previous state?

Or maybe I'll go to Gmail....

Thanks again,

FCG

Contributor

JohnH1 came up with a great solution:

Re: Group Address not working

I finally figured out how to populate an email using group addresses. Old method quit working last week.

See the icon at the right of the BCC on the To: line - (Picture below is showing the edit [pencil], but what I see when composing is a different icon).Capture.JPG

Click on the icon. A drop down box will come up and you can type a group name in and it now populates the To line like it is supposed to work.

Capture1.JPG