Community Forum

email added attatchment I dont want

Regular Visitor

email added attatchment I dont want

When I open up compose email.  email block comes up normal except an attachment has been added with one of my files and I can not deleat it.  I have gone to a restore point that did not help.

Expert

Re: email added attatchment I dont want

Are you using only the webmail interface and a browser?  Or a desktop email client or something else?

Regular Visitor

I am using Xfinity email.  I have reverted to a restore point prior to the problem and that did not help.

Expert

When you say a "restore point", that tells me you are referring to your computer's operating system.  The webmail is just a webpage.  A restore point would have no effect on it.  Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session. If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.

Regular Visitor

I have done all that.  I used a restore point making sure there were no virus's I cleaned the cache, ran Nortons , restarted and downloaded Chrome.  Nothing worked.

I also went to the desk top that has not been used in weeks.  It also has the same problem so I would assume that tells me the problem is a setting in comcast mail?