Community Forum

e-mails

Frequent Visitor

e-mails

I recently changed internet provider, but still use Comcast for my email.  Both provider and Comcast said that I could.  Comcast had an outage yesterday and when it came back up all my folders and emails were gone.  I receiving emails now and after numerous chats and calls I still can't get them.  Any suggestions.  I have rebooted, deleted cookies, just everything they tell me.  I was told they refreshed my emails, but still nothing.  Very disappointed!

Expert

Re: e-mails

Are you sure they are not just "nested"?  Look to the left of any folders you can see for a small black arrowhead.  Click on those and see if the missing folders appear.  If it's not that, post back.

Frequent Visitor

Nothing.   When I click on the arrow it tries to make a new folder.  

Expert

OK I can't see what you are looking at.  You clicked on the arrowhead next to what?  If it was next to a folder it should display any sub-folders.  Can you post a screenshot of what you see?  Minus any email addresses.

Frequent Visitor

After my email restarted after being down for a few hours, there was not one email or folder.   As email were received shortly afterwards it was like starting over with a brand new email.  There were no folders or previous emails in my inbox.  Absolutely nothing.   I started chatting and made a few calls to customer services.  Nothing they suggested did anything.  One lady told me to call my new internet provided to send a signal because it would be in my modem.  I had been a customer for over twenty years and all I wanted was to get my folders with save email and my email that were in my inbox back.  One guy told me they were deleted.

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000200 EndHTML:000545409 StartFragment:000545114 EndFragment:000545285 StartSelection:000545114 EndSelection:000545285 SourceURL:https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/ XFINITY Connect

Expert

Then the only thing I can do is escalate this to the forum admins for follow-up.

Official Employee

Hello candicefraker. I can assist in getting an Advanced Repair ticket opened for you so our team can look into getting this missing folders issue fixed for you. Please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can assist you.

Frequent Visitor

Not sure what happened, but I got folders and emails back.   The emails came in first and then the folders showed up.  It was about a week after they first went away.  So thankful to have them back.