Community Forum

deleting email

New Poster

deleting email

email will not allow me to delete read emails. I keep getting the following message:

Error

This message could not be moved to trash folder, possibly because your mailbox is nearly full.
In that case, please try to empty your deleted items first, or delete smaller messages first.

My trash folder is empty, but Xfinity still won't allow me to delete emails.  My inbox is going to fill with useless emails quickly!
Expert

Re: deleting email

This is not something you can fix yourself.  So I will escalate it to the forum admins to get someone to look at your account.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

thank you for your assistance.

New Poster

Can a sent email be recalled before it's read? If so, how?

Contributor

I'm having the same problem.

Official Employee

Hi all. Sorry to hear about the difficulty you're experiencing with email. We can see what we can do to help you out. What type of device are you using to attempt deleting emails? Have you confirmed this is taking place on more than one or all devices?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

this non deleting issue is happening on my desktop computer , and my android device

Official Employee

Got it. Do you know if this is happening with multiple users on your account, or have you just been able to confirm it with one in particular.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I assume it's happening on my account and my wifes account

Contributor

This is happening on my home PC. Judging by the number of people I see in the forum having this issue, it looks like the problem pretty widespread.

New Poster

I think the problem has been solved. 

Contributor

I just went back in and tried again and was able to delete all my emails. The problem was occurring when selecting the 'select all' check box or link to delete that way. Deleting one or more at a time was no problem.

Official Employee

Thank you guys for letting me know. For anyone that can try/confirm it, is the "select all" checkbox still not working as intended?

New Poster

individual or select all is working for me.

Official Employee

Great! Glad to hear that. You should be all set then. We appreciate your time. For any of you that continue to experience this problem, please let me know.