Community Forum

deleted folders

Regular Contributor

deleted folders

The folders I created in Comcastmailwere dleted of all content without my permission. I looked everywhere for an expiration dte but found none.

I have lost all my data; what is going on.

Expert

Re: deleted folders

Can you see any folders at all on the left side of the screen or are they all gone?  Are you sure they are not just "nested" under another folder, or under "My folders"?  Look for any black arrowheads to the left of any folders you can still see and click on them.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

It’s a combination of issues one is some folders disappeared and the other is the content and most of them did also disappear they are not nested anywhere believe me
Expert

As a precaution, I would change your password to something stronger than whatever it is right now, and also change your secret question and answer. Suddenly vanishing emails is a common sign of a malware infection or a compromised account. Run a complete scan of your machine with your A/V software to see if it finds anything wrong. 

Also, do you have another device like a smartphone or tablet with the account enabled on it using POP3? If so it may be downloading and then deleting the messages from the server. Check all the settings in it to see if that's what's going on.  Also, there are no editable deletion schedules in the Comcast email software.  Except for Trash and Spam, all other emails should be kept until you delete them yourself.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!