Community Forum

copy & paste

New Poster

copy & paste

how does one easily copy & paste? I used to be able to copy and paste easily, in two simple steps with my mouse. Now with the new comcast e-mail format I copy like normal, but it is requiring me to use the keyboard "control & V" in order to paste what I'd selected to copy. This is utterly stupid! Am I doing something wrong? Help!!!

Problem Solver

Re: copy & paste

I am still able to copy/paste with my mouse.  Highlight the printed matter,click copy, and then paste   to the email.  Been doing that for years, never did learn the "control & V" keyboard method.  What are you trying to copy and paste?  

I'm using a desktop computer, keyboard and mouse setup.  

edited~4/5/18  ~8:20 am  ~    Is the mouse wired or battery operated?  

New Poster

Yep, I have always been able to copy and paste the "normal" way - with a mouse. No my mouse is not battery operated. This has only been a problem since comcast switched their e-mail format and took away the calendar. It doesn't matter what I'm copying & pasting - whether it is from a document I've created or from another e-mail, or from a Facebook post. The comcast e-mail won't let me do it the regular way. It demands that I use ctrl + V to paste. Very annoying.

Expert

@itsamiracle wrote:

Yep, I have always been able to copy and paste the "normal" way - with a mouse. No my mouse is not battery operated. This has only been a problem since comcast switched their e-mail format and took away the calendar. It doesn't matter what I'm copying & pasting - whether it is from a document I've created or from another e-mail, or from a Facebook post. The comcast e-mail won't let me do it the regular way. It demands that I use ctrl + V to paste. Very annoying.

What browser are you using?  There have been various issues with Chrome and the new email.  I'm using Firefox and I have had no problems with [right] copy and [right] paste.  However, I prefer using ctrl+V because to ME it's faster, but that's because I'm used to doing it that way. 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.