Community Forum

comcast email server has been down since 5pm est

New Poster

comcast email server has been down since 5pm est

I called Comcast Customer Support and was told by a representative, at 10:15pm EST that the email server is down and has been since aboout 5pm. Also told no estimate on when issues will be resolved. Not great for those of us waiting for important emails.

Also - I wish Comcast would post a notice on its home page when the email server is down, etc. I just wasted two hours rebooting my pc, checking my phone, checking passwords...

New Poster

Re: comcast email server has been down since 5pm est

I agree and am still down on the west coast as well
New Poster

Yes, at 8:15 pm PST it is still down.  My Outlook desktop started showing my login as invalid sometime this afternoon, consistent with a Comcast crash about 5:00 pm EST.

When that happens, a quick check online shows I can't log in.

Bad news for business email when waiting for important information and replies.  Although perhaps not as secure, my free gmail account has never had this issue and it works fine with Outlook or other desktop clients.  Just hate to have to change this with a couple of thousand people/businesses/accounts.  Apparenlty Comcast has had this problem many times in the past year or so.  Some companies are raking in the money and not upgrading their capabilities.

Regular Visitor

West coast, last email received at 1:04 PT. Two emails got through, one at 7:59 PM, another at 8:21 PM. My test emails to myself are not delivered.

My wife has a secondary account as one of my account users and hers seems to be working fine. I can no longer log in on the web either.

New Poster

Well, I would say that email outages on Comcast/Xfinity are quite rare.  I've been with them since the beginning and have had an extended outage (at least that I noticed) maybe twice.  I do agree that they should post key outages such as this.  The Status Center makes no mention of it...although, I knew something was up (er...down!) when the "chat" line wasn't working either.