Community Forum

changing to Comcast from many years of Verizon (now AOL or something)

New Poster

changing to Comcast from many years of Verizon (now AOL or something)

A while ago Verizon gave up their email servers, we were persuaded to go to AOL. The only benefit was keeping my many years old email address, which is associated with hundreds of contacts and hundreds of websites, forums, etc. Unfortunately, AOL has been a, er, labor of love -  lots of down time, ads, requests for upgrade$, etc. Currently it seems to me today to be blocking 3rd party email software.

I have a Comcast email account, necessitated by the installed cable and phone and internet in my home. I have not used it very much, however.

If I wanted to relieve myself of the AOL burden and switch to using Comcast email servers, could I somehow keep my old Verizon email address?

Expert

Re: changing to Comcast from many years of Verizon (now AOL or something)

@JackArmstrong wrote:

A while ago Verizon gave up their email servers, we were persuaded to go to AOL. The only benefit was keeping my many years old email address, which is associated with hundreds of contacts and hundreds of websites, forums, etc. Unfortunately, AOL has been a, er, labor of love -  lots of down time, ads, requests for upgrade$, etc. Currently it seems to me today to be blocking 3rd party email software.

I have a Comcast email account, necessitated by the installed cable and phone and internet in my home. I have not used it very much, however.

If I wanted to relieve myself of the AOL burden and switch to using Comcast email servers, could I somehow keep my old Verizon email address?

That is something you would need to ask Verizon.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

Re: changing to Comcast from many years of Verizon (now AOL or something)

@JackArmstrong wrote:

My guess is no, you can't.  Verizon passed their email over to AOL.  I'm not sure how well that went.

My suggestion would be to migrate your email to Comcast or some other email provider and let all your contacts know you have made the move.  Over the years, Verizon has been really spotty about the email service.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!