Community Forum

can't sign in

Contributor

can't sign in

When I pull up the Xfinity sign-in page on my Chromebook, it doen't load completely, so the sign-in boxes don't appear and I can't sign into my account. It works OK on the Chrome browser on my PC. Is the problem with the Chromebook or or is it something else?

Expert

Re: can't sign in

On the laptop, clear your Chrome cache/browsing history, and try again.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

The fix worked temporarily.  I was able to sign in a couple of times before it went back to what it was doing.  Any other ideas?  BTW, the sign-in page is slow loading on my PC too but eventually it  gets there.

Expert

@msheehan10 wrote:

The fix worked temporarily.  I was able to sign in a couple of times before it went back to what it was doing.  Any other ideas?  BTW, the sign-in page is slow loading on my PC too but eventually it  gets there.

You could try resetting Chrome to its defaults.  Unfortunately,  I don't think there are any other browsers you can try on a Chromebook.  Are you updated to the latest version of Chrome?  They are at v72.0.3626.96 (Official Build) (64-bit) right now.  To do a reset, go to Settings>>>>>Advanced, then scroll all the way down to see "Reset settings".

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

I tried Fix #2 and that also worked -- temporarily.  A side effect was that all the web sites that remembered me forgot who I was.  I also used Fix #1 every day when I first logged on and that worked for a few days; now it doesn't.  My thought now is that it might be  something in the Chromebook itself, although no other functions are affected -- I can still reach Web sites like Youtube,  Facebook, etc.