Community Forum

can't get emails to send out

New Poster

can't get emails to send out

I can not get my emails to go out.  I see them in the "sent" folder but recipiants are not receiving.  Help!  Maybe it was something I hit accidentally in settings.

Expert

Re: can't get emails to send out

If it's in the Sent folder it almost certainly did go out.  As a test, send yourself an email at some other, non-Comcast email account you have like Yahoo or Gmail, etc.  Does it get through OK?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thanks for repsonding....I did try sending myself an email from my gmail acct....and it still didn't go thru.  

Expert

@kellyarent wrote:

Thanks for repsonding....I did try sending myself an email from my gmail acct....and it still didn't go thru.  

OK, I thought you said the emails were not going out from the Comcast account.  Did you try sending from Comcast to the Gmail account?  I'm assuming you are using only the webmail interface and your browser, and not a mail client like Outlook or Thunderbird.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

All of a sudden I am having the same problem.  The sent e-mails appear in the SENT folder--all seems well.  But the recipients are not receiving them.  To test options, I sent e-mails from my gmail and outlook accounts to comast.net and they arrive in my comcast inbox just fine.  But when I send a comcast.net email to my gmail and outlook accounts they never arrive.  Since gmail and outlook e-mails successfully reach their intended recipients, the problem can't be with the "computer" for want of a better tech word, but must lie with comcast e-mails.  Never had this problem until a few days ago.

Expert

Do you have a secondary Comcast account you can try with as a test?   Did you check to see if they are going into the Spam folders in those other accounts?  Do you have any filters set up in the other accounts to do anything with incoming Comcast emails?  I just tried sending from one of my Comcast accounts to my Gmail and Outlook.com accounts and they went through OK.

Frequent Visitor

I have only the one comcast account (that I know of!).  No one is receiving the comast e-mails I send out.  That includes my own gmail and outlook accounts.  But I receive in my comcast inbox all emails that are sent to me from the outside.  Comcast is somehow not getting my emails sent out to arrive at the recipient even though they show up in the 'sent' folder.  I will continue to ask if they show up in others' spam folders, but this has never been an issue heretofore.  And when I send out gmail and outlook emails, those get received by the recipients.  There seems to be a hangup only with comcast.net emails.

Expert

@pfeffer828 wrote:

I have only the one comcast account (that I know of!).  No one is receiving the comast e-mails I send out.  That includes my own gmail and outlook accounts.  But I receive in my comcast inbox all emails that are sent to me from the outside.  Comcast is somehow not getting my emails sent out to arrive at the recipient even though they show up in the 'sent' folder.  I will continue to ask if they show up in others' spam folders, but this has never been an issue heretofore.  And when I send out gmail and outlook emails, those get received by the recipients.  There seems to be a hangup only with comcast.net emails.

About the only other thing I can suggest is that you call Comcast security and ask them to look at your account.  They might be able to see if it's something on the Comcast side of things-------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Frequent Visitor

Thanks.  I called and now have a ticket which is being worked on,  I gather that one (or more) of my recipients have flagged my e-mails as spam and Comcast has decided to flag all of my outgoing e-mails as such.  I'm working on getting the block unblocked.

Official Employee

Hi pfeffer828, I have responded to your private message.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I had the same problem with outgoing email that you described during the same time frame.  Comcast sent my problem to their security team, I was told my account was flagged for spam.  The problem has been resolved, but it took several frustrating days! I am surprised to see on this forum that so many of us had the same issue at the same time.  A comcast rep reached out to me today to let me know ways to avoid this problem in the future, maybe check with them to receive the info first hand. It has to do with something they call a "Sending score" if it drops below 90 they freeze your email.  The problem with this happening is you have no idea until you receive complaints from people that you are emailing that it is not coming thru!  The rep. told me to sign up for Feedback Loop, thought it would be in settings, can't find it, that is how I ended up on this forum.

Frequent Visitor

My outgoing e-mails are being received now, though no one called me to let me know the issue had been rectified.  I sent a test message to my gmail account (as I had been doing daily) and yesterday it took.  Thanks for the info re: "sending score".  I will call and ask them to review with me how I can avoid this in the future.  Why they are even marking all of my outgoing e-mails as spam and not sending them on to the recipients is outrageous and you are correct, one isn't notified of this and eventually you realize sent e-mails are not being received.

Frequent Visitor

This issue has happened a second time.  My emails went into the 'send' folder, but were not being received on the other end.  I called COMCAST again.  After two days, my emails were working again.  Now I have to BCC myself to be sure they are being received by the recipient.  My issue is that no one can tell me WHY this has been happening (all of a sudden, after years of no problems).  I called the 565-4329 number cited above, which is essentially useless as the four or five times I have called, I am on hold for upwards to an hour.  How much of my time am I supposed to waste before a rep answers?  I did get a call about the time the problem was "solved" and "since you are  not available to answer the phone you can call back if I have any further questions".  When Comcast calls like this and leaves a message, an extension HAS to be included as that might save a lot of frustration and wasted time.  I hope a COMCAST customer assurance rep who is reading these forums can answer my basic question:  Why are my outgoing e-mails NOT being delivered to the recipients and then start up working again??  It has NOTHING to do with any settings (the first thing I am asked to look at) on my side.  The settings have been unchanged for years and I never had this problem before.  It is on the COMCAST side.

Official Employee

Hello, pfeffer828. I'm glad to hear you were able to get this issue resolved again. I would be more than happy to look further into this situation and see if there is any additional information available that may explain why this has happened. Please send me a private message with your first and last name so I can assist. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.