Community Forum

can i keep my verizon e-mail if i switch to comcast

New Poster

can i keep my verizon e-mail if i switch to comcast

My email is a verizon e-mail.  If I cancel verizon and switch to Xfinitiy, can I keep and use my verizon e-mail which is now owned by AOL?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: can i keep my verizon e-mail if i switch to comcast

Did your domain get changed to AOL a couple of years ago?  It looks like you can keep the Verizon address as long as you keep it active----------------

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/How-to-Keep-verizon-net-email-address-if-dropping-Ve...

But you should check with their service reps to make sure.  In the meantime, you can always migrate your email to Comcast---------------

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/about-easychange/

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

How do I know for sure that my domain has been switched to AOL

Expert

is your email address showing as xxxxx@verizon.com, or xxxxxxxx@aol.com?  The domain is the item to the right of the @ symbol.  I knew Verizon had turned over their email to AOL, but I didn't know if they changed the domain for existing Verizon accounts.  Just curious.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Yes you can!  Comcast is then your carrier, but Verizon/AOL can stay as your email provider.  If you use Webmail you will still need to access the AOL Email Website to read and send mail, but if you use an emailing application (Microsoft Outlook, Apple Mail, etc.) all of your email accounts can be sent and fetched throught the Comcast server.

Tags (3)
New Poster

I currently have a verizon email address even though it now goes through aol.  If I switch my internet provider from Verizon to Comcast, can I continue to use my verizon email just as it is?  It comes onto my computer through Outlook.  Would I have to do anything once the change is made or will it just continue as usual to come into Outlook? 

Expert

@lodonnell wrote:

I currently have a verizon email address even though it now goes through aol.  If I switch my internet provider from Verizon to Comcast, can I continue to use my verizon email just as it is?  It comes onto my computer through Outlook.  Would I have to do anything once the change is made or will it just continue as usual to come into Outlook? 

That's something you need to ask Verizon.  We have no idea what their policies are.  Smiley Wink

New Poster

I would like to keep my  verizon

e-mail account, not use aol account

@tammypaidas wrote:

My email is a verizon e-mail.  If I cancel verizon and switch to Xfinitiy, can I keep and use my verizon e-mail which is now owned by AOL?

Expert

@doloresdunning wrote:

I would like to keep my  verizon

e-mail account, not use aol account

@tammypaidas wrote:

That is something you need to discuss with Verizon.  There isn't anything we can do to help with this.