Community Forum

adobe flash player

New Poster

adobe flash player

I'm being asked to download Abode Flash Player when it is already part of Win10.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: adobe flash player

What browser are you using? The Flash player that automatically comes with Windows 10 is for Edge and Internet Explorer. If you use Firefox, you need to download it separately.

Expert

@Delim wrote:

I'm being asked to download Adobe Flash Player when it is already part of Win10.

There is a virus that evidently poses as a Adobe Flash Player update. It may randomly show up on Google Chrome and others. W10 will notify and block the fake up-date. If you see it close the site window. Do not follow through on the up-date.

The real Adobe Flash Player is always updated through Edge & Windows 10 updates. You can spot them under recent Windows 10 updates. Last one was May 11, 2018.

New Poster

Thanks for the quick response, I have Edge. I would create a Roxi powerpoint and there is no problem, however when I try to play the same powerpoint back through my email, i would get the "download flash player" error.

Thanks.

Expert

@Delim wrote:

Thanks for the quick response, I have Edge. I would create a Roxi powerpoint and there is no problem, however when I try to play the same powerpoint back through my email, i would get the "download flash player" error.

Thanks.

If you go to the Microsoft Store found in Windows 10, there is a safer version of Adobe Reader. It is called Adobe Reader Touch for use in Windows 10. The download was "free".

If you have an older version of Adobe Reader, when you open it and check for updates you will see that it is no longer supported for Windows 10. If you go for updating it, you will see an option to download Adobe Reader Touch instead. I got my copy that way. The updating done this way is not the fake version.

I still have my older Adobe Reader too, but may dump it in the future if the new one functions okay.