Community Forum

Your browser is currently out of date. but it isn't!

New Poster

Your browser is currently out of date. but it isn't!

This only apears on the zfinity home page and on both internet explorer 11 and Edge on windows 10?

"Your browser is currently out of date. For security reasons, please update now or download a new web browser."

Expert

Re: Your browser is currently out of date. but it isn't!

Do you have both browsers set to accept automatic updates?  Or have you manually checked for them?

New Poster

Re: Your browser is currently out of date. but it isn't!

Same issue here. Both IE11 and Edge are set to automatic updates and indicate both are up to date. still recieve the message "Your browser is currently out of date. For security reasons, please update now or download a new web..." when I go to my.xfinity.com

New Poster

Re: Your browser is currently out of date. but it isn't!

I'm getting the same thing on my Windows 7 Home Premium laptop with IE 11.  EVERYTHING is up to date, no viruses or malware detected but it replaces the Xfinity toolbar with this banner and you must go thru many more steps to get to your email...this ain't right and there seems to be little discussion anywhere on the web to offer a solution.  I've did the compatability suggestion, my updates are current and automatic so where does this banner come from that directs you to "Browse Happy.com wesite for upgrades you don't need.  Can't find any software loaded that contains this adware maybe?  Please help or I'm just going to stop using Comcast as my homepage out of aggrevation.  Thanks in advance

 

Expert

Re: Your browser is currently out of date. but it isn't!


@wvbigdog wrote:

I'm getting the same thing on my Windows 7 Home Premium laptop with IE 11.  EVERYTHING is up to date, no viruses or malware detected but it replaces the Xfinity toolbar with this banner and you must go thru many more steps to get to your email...this ain't right and there seems to be little discussion anywhere on the web to offer a solution.  I've did the compatability suggestion, my updates are current and automatic so where does this banner come from that directs you to "Browse Happy.com wesite for upgrades you don't need.  Can't find any software loaded that contains this adware maybe?  Please help or I'm just going to stop using Comcast as my homepage out of aggrevation.  Thanks in advance

 


It doesn't sound like it's coming from Comcast.  I've never seen it myself.  Do you have your pop-up blocker enabled?

New Poster

Re: Your browser is currently out of date. but it isn't!

Yes I do have the PUB turned on, and on this computer only it will say the browser is outdated any way I try to get to my email even after I sign in under the account page.  It will also prevent any of the news inforamtion pictures or video's from sh owing as well on the homepage.  It's very odd for sure.

Expert

Re: Your browser is currently out of date. but it isn't!


@wvbigdog wrote:

Yes I do have the PUB turned on, and on this computer only it will say the browser is outdated any way I try to get to my email even after I sign in under the account page.  It will also prevent any of the news inforamtion pictures or video's from sh owing as well on the homepage.  It's very odd for sure.


Since it's only on that one machine--------------


Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session. If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.

Regular Visitor

Re: Your browser is currently out of date. but it isn't!

What a horrible response.  Whenever you get the "use a different browser" response, just ignore them, they are of zero use here.  That is not a solution.  I have the exact same problem on my Windows 10 Laptop.  Just this one machine with the latest browser installed.  It works however with edge, but I hate edge.  

 

Clearing cache does not fix it, and it was working previously, so to say use another browser does not explain why now, does it not work, especially since it lists the appropriate browser supported as the one installed.

 

Anyone find a fix for this yet?

Official Employee

Re: Your browser is currently out of date. but it isn't!

This usually occurs when IE has Compatiblity Mode turned on.

 

Please turn off Compatibility Mode, and remove Comcast.net or Xfinity.com from the compatibility lists. 

Regular Visitor

Re: Your browser is currently out of date. but it isn't!

Nope I already did that, I blew away the cash etc.  I even uninstalled IE and re-installed it and just my browser.  I am not sure why out of no where, this occurs.  I never even had compatibility mode enabled.  I even tried developer mode to spoof the correct version as I read an article that sometimes it will report there that the version read was IE 10 and sure enough it was showing IE 10 when I used a browser site that reports what browser your using (https://www.whatsmybrowser.org/)  but nope.  That did not fix it.  Very odd.

Official Employee

Re: Your browser is currently out of date. but it isn't!

Do you have an ad blockers or toolbars? 

Regular Visitor

Re: Your browser is currently out of date. but it isn't!

I do not run any addon plugins for my browsers as far as tool bars are concerned just stock browser. Windows defender is the only program that may run some app/browser control.
New Poster

Re: Your browser is currently out of date. but it isn't!

What is out of date and how do i put it in date

 

Expert

Re: Your browser is currently out of date. but it isn't!


@ecid1938 wrote:

What is out of date and how do i put it in date

 


What is the origin of this message?  Is it a pop-up, or an email or what?  Who sent it to you?