Community Forum

Xfinity randomly signing me out of e-mail

Regular Visitor

Xfinity randomly signing me out of e-mail

I can literally be in the middle of composing an e-mail message and Xfinity boots me out of the system, sends me back to the sign-in page.  This happens whether I check the "Keep me signed in" box or not.  It's getting very annoying.  Any advice appreciated.

Expert

Re: Xfinity randomly signing me out of e-mail

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session. If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.  There was a problem two or three months ago with this issue, but supposedly that was fixed.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Hi, and thanks for the suggestion.  I tried that, but it did not help.  I contacted Comcast/Xfinity customer service and they "re-synced" something.  The rep spoke so fast, in heavily accented English, that it was indiscernible what he was saying and, hence, I am unable to provide those details.  The problem still exists, but it seems to be less often.  That's hard to judge.  What is of great concern is that within less than 24 hours of a customer service contact I received an e-mail from IDnotify that my e-mail address has been found on the dark web.  IDnotify is something that was provided to me gratis after the Experian hack in January 2019. 

What does one do when you are notified that your e-mail address has been targeted by the dark web?  The only suggestion from IDnotify was to change the password associated with my e-mail address.

Expert

@megznh wrote:

-----------------------What is of great concern is that within less than 24 hours of a customer service contact I received an e-mail from IDnotify that my e-mail address has been found on the dark web.  IDnotify is something that was provided to me gratis after the Experian hack in January 2019. 

What does one do when you are notified that your e-mail address has been targeted by the dark web?  The only suggestion from IDnotify was to change the password associated with my e-mail address.

Yes, change the password to something stronger than whatever it is now, and also change the secret question and answer.  Monitor that account for any unusual activity going forward.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Thanks for that advice.  Sadly, the random signing me out of my e-mail has continued.  It just did it four times within 60 seconds.  I am on the verge of dumping Xfinity for my e-mail and using my Gmail address from now on.  I am so frustrated and angry too because I spend $298 a month on Xfinity services.

Frequent Visitor

Yes, I've had the same problem for a year. If you find a fix, please let us know. VERY irratating!

Thanks.