Community Forum

Xfinity generates an "Unwanted File"

Highlighted
Contributor

Many of the emails I send to a friend go into a newly generated file called "unwanted" and are never received by the recipient who uses an email client (Microsoft Office Outlook) as his email program.  I am able to access his Xfinity account and find my emails sitting in the newly generated "unwanted" file.  Daily I move them to his "Inbox" and delete the "unwanted" file and they then become available to him through his email client but sometimes go right back to a newly generated "unwanted" file.  I have tried moving them to spam and then marking them as "not spam" which sometimes works, but again they often just move right back to a newly generated unwanted file.    I am correctly listed in his address book as well.  I also find other emails in that unwanted file not from me but usually they are just mine.   Does anyone know what to do about this problem?

Expert

Re: Xfinity generates an "Unwanted File"

@Littleolady wrote:

Many of the emails I send to a friend go into a newly generated file called "unwanted" and are never received by the recipient who uses an email client (Microsoft Office Outlook) as his email program.  I am able to access his Xfinity account and find my emails sitting in the newly generated "unwanted" file.  Daily I move them to his "Inbox" and delete the "unwanted" file and they then become available to him through his email client but sometimes go right back to a newly generated "unwanted" file.  I have tried moving them to spam and then marking them as "not spam" which sometimes works, but again they often just move right back to a newly generated unwanted file.    I am correctly listed in his address book as well.  I also find other emails in that unwanted file not from me but usually they are just mine.   Does anyone know what to do about this problem?

As it is his account, he needs to be posting about this and not you.  And, unless he's given you permission to access his account and email, you shouldn't be doing this.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

I was hoping for help not criticism!!  Of course he has given me persmission to do this, I can't believe you would even ask.  Unless you have some helpful information or know something about the subject, please refrain from imposing your opinions on information you know nothing about.

Expert

Re: Xfinity generates an "Unwanted File"

Is your friend using a phone? If so, see if this helps.

https://techoverpower.com/index.php/the-mysterious-unwanted-folder-that-appeared-on-your-outlook-and...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Yes - a Samsung Galaxy!!  That link is extremely helpful and I'm betting that is the whole problem.   Thank you very much for that information....