Community Forum

Xfinity Web email reports sent, recipient never receives.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Web email reports sent, recipient never receives.

About a week ago at a small office someone noticed that her e-mails were not being received by the people she was sending to. She uses the Xfinity Web-based e-mail at connect.xfinity.com. The message pops up that the e-mail was sent and it shows in the Sent folder as well. The e-mail never arrives at the destination whether it be a test back to your own Comcast e-mail address, another Comcast.net address, or a non-Comcast.net address. No delivery error messages are received.

Here are things we've tried:

-Tried sending from three different Comcast e-mail accounts. All report sent, but recipient never receives the e-mail.

-Tried sending from four different computers in the office, including a laptop that has never been in the office before. Doesn't arrive.

-Tried using Chrome (version 68), Firefox (version 61), and Internet Explorer 11. All in regular mode and incognito/private modes. Doesn't arrive.

-Sent e-mail from other Web-based accounts like AOL and Gmail. Arrives immediately/normally.

-Checked to make sure no e-mail filters were in place in the Xfinity Web mail.

-Made sure no e-mail was filtered at receiving end.

-Power-cycled the networking equipment. No change.

-If we use an e-mail client like Outlook 2016 or Thunderbird in the office, the e-mail is sent and the recipient receives it immediately.

-If we send e-mail from the same Comcast.net e-mail addresses from outside the office (another office or home) using the connect.xfinity.com Web mail, it is received immediately/normally.

So in short, (only at this specific office) e-mails are not being delivered via the connect.xfinity.com Web mail even though they are reported as being sent.

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Web email reports sent, recipient never receives.

Could you send me a private message with the email address of the person sending the email messages?  Thank you

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

This should be resolved now.  I'll respond to the PM with details.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Not sure if you've responded yet with the details of the fix. Where do I go to access my received private messages?

Official Employee

Ah, sorry, I'll send those now.

Official Employee

Hrm, I can't send you a PM, you have disabled that feature.  Roughly, a part of the email that is only set to a certain value when using webmail was being flagged as spam.  They had received a number of spam reports matching that pattern.

Frequent Visitor

The e-mails are sending out again via the Web interface. Whatever you did on your end worked. Thanks.

Is there somewhere I can look to enable receiving private messages?

Official Employee

In your Settings, under Preferences, there's an option to enable Private Messenger.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks. Turning it on now. You've been a big help.

New Poster

I am having the same problem with emails being sent from my comcast.net email account never being received by the recipients.   The email is in my sent folder.  I recieved not errors back from any mail server.  I had the planned recipents check their spam folders and their "quantined" mail and the email is not other.   Can you help me?

I've called this into your help desk in the past and didn't get anywhere.