Community Forum

XFINITY email service issues 5-11-2017

New Poster

Re: XFINITY email service issues 5-11-2017

Everyday comcast has an issue!!

Why, Comcast?

Yesterday it was the voice system and now I can't log into my email!! UGH!!!!

For the past two weeks I have seen, spoken to on the phone or chatted with a comcast representative because this service seems to be having trouble working consistently!!

HELP!!!

New Poster

I had trouble yesterday sending email. Today it says bad gateway....very annoying!

New Poster

i can not get on as well

New Poster

email temporarily disappearing from inbox

Email is disappearing from my inbox.  Looked earlier today. had some items from 2015, 2016, couple from this morning but the vast majority of current items were nowhere to be found.  Upon receiving new email, current items reappear.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

New Poster

This is not the first time - it is happening more often these days. WHY do we pay this monthly fee (which is too high IMO). Time to shop elsewhere for a brower that's reliable.

New Poster

Same here. Caroline County, MD.  Comcast has a real problem with their email servers. Have problems accessing every week. Today I have the same message as everyone else.

Frequent Visitor

This is the second time this week I have had trouble getting into my email. Today it is "bad gateway" whatever that means. This is more than frustrating and if you don't want to lose me as a customer please fix it and fix it good!

New Poster

I am unable to access my mail

Bad Gateway!

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

The proxy server could not handle the request GET /login.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 502

login.comcast.net
Thu May 11 19:35:22 2017
Apache
Contributor

This happens on an average of once every week or two (ever since the new email interface). Twice, mail went out TWICE in one week. It is totally unreliable. And on another note, techs will tell me that I will be credited for a day ... with all of those promises, it has never shown up on my bill.
New Poster

Same Problem here in Mid-Michigan, Bad Gateway 502 errors

Bad Gateway!

Error 502

login.comcast.net
Thu May 11 20:20:08 2017
Apache
New Poster

Re: I can't get to Xfinity Connect!

I'm having the same issue, never posted it before but am now...This keeps happening and has been ever since the new email was rolled out. I have work to do! Comcast/xfintiy, please fix the underlying problem and get back to the consistent reliable service you had before you pushed this new version of email out.

Frequent Visitor

Same issues everyone else is having. Central PA. I desperately need to access my emails!!

New Poster

Dear Comcast Employee,

I'm glad we are all posting here, but when can we expect a fix?
Dave

reply to the list please...

Regular Visitor

I HATE!!!!, absolutely HATE!!, the new email system. It is nothing but problems!! Don't you know the old saying, IF IT AIN"T BROKE DON"T FIX IT!!!! That's all I do is roll my eyes evertime I want to check my email and wonder, what's the issue gonna be today!

Please fix it and go back to the old way!

Bad Gateway!

Error 502

login.comcast.net
Thu May 11 20:18:06 2017
Apache
Frequent Visitor

Email down (again!) in Cambridge, Ma.  BAD GATEWAY.  Nothing but problems since December when they switched over

to this "new and improved" system.  These technicians need to revert to the old form or go back to school.

Regular Contributor

I have not been to access my email via the Xfinity website for the past several hours. Clicking on the 'envelop icon' produces several screen that eventually take me back to the main Xfinity website.

And please don't try to blame this on my equipment as you have in the past.

New Poster

Bad Gateway Error 502 when trying to login to email or page

Highlighted
Contributor

very slow loading. will be up then down. this is rediculous

Regular Visitor

I am having the same trouble -- Bad Gateway! message.   Unable to pick up xfinity email.   This is a SERIOUS problem.  PLEASE ADDRESS IT ASAP.

Contributor

Re: Xfinity email log in problem

I'm not able to open or get to email. I get redirected to the xfinity home page. Here's what appears in the brower:

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#xfFailureCount=1

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#xfFailureCount=2

It's been 3 hours now.

Regular Visitor

Northampton Mass.  Email says bad gateway.

New Poster

been a 4 hour outage in Chicago, can we get some $$ back on our comcast service, hard to run a business with no email service. Also a root cause of the issue as well as how Comcast will prevent this issue from reoccuring. unacceptable service

New Poster

Unable to log in to email.  It hangs and then I get redirected back to the comcast homepage.  This has been going on all day.  Located in the Seattle, WA area.

Frankly, Comcast email service has been abysmal since you migrated your email.  

New Poster

Beverly, MA. I am unable to access my e-mail as well. No descriptive error message just "Site can't be reached".

New Poster

Having the same issue. Receive either gateway error message or xfinity not responding. Only occurs on this computer, no matter what internet I use and on various wi-fi connections. Other devices on same network working fine.

Frequent Visitor

Having issues accessing webmail now, too.  It has been a problem since around noon today.

Have to laugh at the irony of the "Email me when someone replies" box on this submission screen....

New Poster

Re: email

I am having the same issue. When I try to go to my email, I get "failurecount" error.

New Poster

Same problem -- cannot login at all to email. This is a recurring problem that seems to come up every month, the new email service/app is terrible and unreliable

New Poster

I have been having the same issue all day.  It came back up for a few minutes this morning but crashed again and I haven't been able to get in since.  Every time I tried to report it or get into a Help Chat room it wouldn't allow me to do that either.  I just keep going round and round to different web pages that aren't of any help.  This is the message I've been getting:

Bad Gateway!

Error 502

Valued Contributor

Email is back up and working (finally) on the Washington State Coast...
Frequent Visitor

Web page interface for email (at least) is kaput. I can still download and send email on my desktop via comcast using thunderbird.

New Poster

"Bad Gateway" messages for at least three hours on computer.

Getting messages via cell phone worked intermittently, but now it too is not working -- same message. 

Regular Contributor

Seeing the same thing in Northern Virginia. Just a thought? The same time this is happening, many of us were force-fed the windows 10 creators edition. Could this be part of the problem?
Regular Visitor

I had the issue also.  But I can now read email now. So looks like it's working for me now.  

Stoneham, MA

Expert

This problem prevented more than accessing xfinity connect. It prevented people from accessing almost anything that you need to sign in to access like my account, forums, and xFi.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Update: I decided to simply close all tabs - restart the computer & firefox etc.. Voila!

Usually these issues clear up eventually without any intervetion but I was getting impatient.

Official Employee

Update 5:00 PM ET. Several customers have started to have success in accessing their emails, however there are still some who are experiencing the problem. We will update once service is restored.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Update 6:00 PM ET : At this time email has been restored, if you are still experiencing issues it might not be related to this issue. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Contributor

ComcastFrancisc:  I was just checking back in and saw a whole lot more posts.  I read all of them.  Here's something I noticed though:

A few Posters ("Reply-ers", actually) mentioned that they were getting "failure counts."  They happened to have TWO (2) failures (failure #1 and failure #2).  "Isn't this THREE (3) strikes and you're out"?---meaning the 'security system' to protect about one's sign-in credentials (so some hacker, spy, or ?) cannot get access into another's e-mail.  IF SO, maybe you should add another pinned post warning Customers/Users NOT to keep trying to sign-in, because, then--won't they have to go through the extra time and trouble to actually be forced to change their usernames and passwords?  I know you would not want that to happen, on top of everything else.

If I am misunderstanding this technologically, I apologize.

New Poster

I haven't been able to access email from my Windows 7 laptop for about 2 weeks. Since this morning my wife can't connect with her Windows 10 machine. I am getting emails on my phone, however.

Regular Visitor

E-Mail service has been horrendous since the roll-out of new 'improved' format. Slow to load (when it does load), continued outages and re-directions. Add to that the annoying security request form that pops up everytime that asks for a e-mail address to complete, except you cannot use your Comcast address. For those of us who only have one e-mail address there is no way to stop this constant annoying request. What in the world are the Comcast engineers thinking???? The e-mail service is a disgrace.

Official Employee

@edron wrote:

ComcastFrancisc:  I was just checking back in and saw a whole lot more posts.  I read all of them.  Here's something I noticed though:

A few Posters ("Reply-ers", actually) mentioned that they were getting "failure counts."  They happened to have TWO (2) failures (failure #1 and failure #2).  "Isn't this THREE (3) strikes and you're out"?---meaning the 'security system' to protect about one's sign-in credentials (so some hacker, spy, or ?) cannot get access into another's e-mail.  IF SO, maybe you should add another pinned post warning Customers/Users NOT to keep trying to sign-in, because, then--won't they have to go through the extra time and trouble to actually be forced to change their usernames and passwords?  I know you would not want that to happen, on top of everything else.

You bring up a completely valid concern. However the error that was happening was preventing the login request from going to our end, I am going to double check with the email team to get some clarification here. But those customers should be good. 

Official Employee

@edron wrote:

Did get confirmation, that the number of retries should not have been a problem here. But thank you for bringing this up, since it is a very valid concern. 

Regular Contributor

@ComcastFrancisc wrote:

Update 6:00 PM ET : At this time email has been restored, if you are still experiencing issues it might not be related to this issue. 

Thanks.  I'm now able to get to Xfinity Connect and read my e-mails again.  Cat Wink

Official Employee

@angeldeb82 wrote:

@ComcastFrancisc wrote:

Thanks.  I'm now able to get to Xfinity Connect and read my e-mails again.  Cat Wink

No problem, glad that is working for you now!