Community Forum

Windows Mail not downloading

Regular Visitor

Windows Mail not downloading

For some reason since the migration I am no longer able to download mail to my windows 10 mail app. and it's spotty on my iphone

I am able to get it thru the browser though. If this is a setup issue could someone post directions? 

This is very inconveinent and I'm starting to lose trust.

Thanks

Expert

Re: Windows Mail not downloading

@ejohan wrote:

For some reason since the migration I am no longer able to download mail to my windows 10 mail app. and it's spotty on my iphone

I am able to get it thru the browser though. If this is a setup issue could someone post directions? 

This is very inconveinent and I'm starting to lose trust.

Thanks

Are you using IMAP or POP3?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Regular Visitor

Thanks for getting back to me 

I'm using IMAP

Windows mail says it signed in. and when I refresh it it says syncing and hold on but it just times out and nothing comes across.

I have deleted it and set it up again no luck, It works on the web and my apple devices 

Expert

@ejohan wrote:

Thanks for getting back to me 

I'm using IMAP

Windows mail says it signed in. and when I refresh it it says syncing and hold on but it just times out and nothing comes across.

I have deleted it and set it up again no luck, It works on the web and my apple devices 

Check your settings with this:

Incoming server
Server type: IMAP
Server name: imap.email.comcast.net
Connection security: SSL/TLS
Server port: 993

Outgoing server
Server name: smtp.comcast.net
Connection security: SSL/TLS
Server port: 465
Authentication: As incoming mail server

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Regular Visitor

Again,

Thanks,receiving emails again in the Inbox only but I can live with that.

The incoming server was defaulting to imap.comast.net without the .email

Thanks for your help

Expert

You're quite welcome!

Official Employee

Please be advised that the correct setting for IMAP connections is imap.comcast.net.

While imap.email.comcast.net will work at the moment, it is not an official setting and will become unavailable in the future. Once that is removed it will cause issues for anyone using this setting.

The correct settings for IMAP can be found here How do I manually set up IMAP?