Community Forum

Windows 10 mail not sending comcast email

Frequent Visitor

Windows 10 mail not sending comcast email

Windows 10 mail account can receive comcast.net email fine.  Email messages sent through Windows 10 from my comcast.net email account will not send.  I just see the message "Sending..."   It's been hung up for hours.  Suggestions?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Windows 10 mail not sending comcast email

More info...from my iPhone Outllok app, UI can send messages just from from my comcast.net email account. 

Expert

@dellfin wrote:

Windows 10 mail account can receive comcast.net email fine.  Email messages sent through Windows 10 from my comcast.net email account will not send.  I just see the message "Sending..."   It's been hung up for hours.  Suggestions?

Try deleting the account from Mail-10, then recreate it again from scratch. I just tried it and it works OK  for me using a Comcast account.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Yeah, tried that like 10 times with the same results.

The outlook.com account sends and receives flawlessly.

Anyone else have ideas?

Official Employee

dellfin, are you also having this issue when using the Connect app/web portal? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Comcast.com emails send as expected
Frequent Visitor

Allow me to rephrase.

-Email messages sent from the comcast.com portal or website go through as expected immediately. 

-I can receive my @ comcast.com emails for both of my comcast email accounts in Windows 10 Mail without a problem.

-When I attempt to send emails from my @ comcast.com emails account(s) through Windows 10 Mail they stay in perpetual sending mode in my outbox without being sent.

-My Windows 10 Mail account (@ outlook.com) sends and receives messages just fine.

-I can send and receive emails from my @ comcast.com email accounts and my @ outlook.com account on my iPhone without a problem as well.  The issue is only with my desktop PC.

I understand this is likely a Windows 10 issue and probably related to my PC Firewall and/or Norton Security Suite, but the issue only began last weekend.  I can only assume an update to Norton caused it.  I'm further assuming others have had this issue and I'm just looking for a solution.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi dellfin. Are you able to try and temporarily pause your Norton Security Suite and temporarily remove your  firewall to test sending via Windows 10 Mail and your Comcast.net account? This would help define if the root cause is your firewall, or Security software. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Humility time...

The cause of the issue was I was attempting to update the password(s) for my comcast.net emails only on the Windows (Outlook) mail app on my PC instead of on the actual outlook.com portal/website. Once I updated my password(s) on outlook.com all sent messages are moving. 

Official Employee

Thanks for being honest, dellfin. We're glad to hear that your email account is back on track and that the service is working properly for you again. Take care.