Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Why is the new Comcast Mail so painfully slow?

New Poster

Why is the new Comcast Mail so painfully slow?

Why is the new Comcast Mail so painfully slow? Will it ever improve? It's exhausting waiting for mail to load.

New Poster

Re: Why is the new Comcast Mail so painfully slow?

Agreed.  Comcast mail is so incredibily slow, it's painful.  I can open my first e-mail, but not the next one, or the next, or the next.  One would think that Comcast is doing this purposedly to get you to sign up for a higher speed connection.  I can't imagine this is the case since they advertise themselves as being so fast.  My work e-mail system opens messages instantly.  This is disgraceful for such a large service provider!

New Poster

As far as I am aware, I do have the high speed and mine is also painfully slow.  This only started happening with the new version and is extremely frustrating.  I would like the old version back!

Frequent Visitor

Add me to the list of unhappy people.

I keep getting:

error: failed to load message content the connection to remote server imap.comcast.net timed out while awaiting the response. Please try again later.

Sad.

Silver Problem Solver

Comcast's mail servers seem to be down or overloaded today, at least here in the Chicago area. It's very intermittent at best. Thunderbird sometimes works. My phone app is still trying to connect.

Comcast should NEVER have dumped Zimbra for their own unreliable and slow mail system just to save a few bucks.

New Poster

I'm on with a technician (chat) about this issue - my email will not load the content. She posts: Our engineers are already working on this to fix it as quickly as possible, however we don't have a definite time frame for it. As I have checked, there is an ongoing server issue due to which many of our valued customers are not able to access their emails.