Community Forum

Why is Comcast marking Amazon mail as spam?

Valued Contributor

Why is Comcast marking Amazon mail as spam?

@ComcastAntiSpam 

Mail from Amazon is marked as SPAM/Junk.  WHY?

Started to happen 3/19/2019.  What kind of stupidity is the "spam" filter doing?  I don't have a HSN account & yet spam/scam mail from "HSN" is getting thru as regular mail.

Did Comcast a malicious filter?  Anyone else getting Amazon mail marked as SPAM?

Yes, I'm upset off as I want my confirmation & tracking mail in my inbox, not the junk box.

Official Employee

Re: Why is Comcast marking Amazon mail as spam?

Amazon sends their retail mail through a large platform (SES), and that platform is sometimes abused in massive volumes.  I do apologize, this should not have happened.  We're looking deeper to see why this happened (likely related to customer "Spam" complaints), and how we can ensure this never happens again.  This should be resolved for all customers in a matter of moments.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

Thank you.  Please post when it is fixed.  I have turned off Comcast's spam filter but do not know what the rules are.

The "good" aspect of this is that I did not have a junk folder for Comcast mail for some unknown reason; that part is now corrected!

Official Employee

It should already be corrected.  We're still doing some deeper analysis.

And yes, the spam/junk folder is not enabled for all accounts (older defaults), but that is always my recommendation.  This allows customers to a) see messages that have been flagged as spam, b) provide feedback when they disagree with our categorization via the "Not Spam" button.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!