Community Forum

Why do my xfinity email contacts and contact groups not show up when using the ios email app

New Poster

Why do my xfinity email contacts and contact groups not show up when using the ios email app

Contacts from my xfinity account do not appear in the contacts on my iphone. When I go to the account settings, all my other accounts (gmail and my work email account) include contacts, but not the xfinity account and I don't see an option to add them in the account settings. Is there a way for the ios mail app to access my xfinity contacts

Expert

Re: Why do my xfinity email contacts and contact groups not show up when using the ios email app

Do you mean groups or contacts you put into the address book in the webmail interface?  If so, no, they won't appear in iOS on a phone or tablet.  Those have their own address books and that's where you would need to create individual contacts or a group.  For setting up a group in iOS see here------------

https://www.lifewire.com/set-up-contacts-for-group-mailing-in-ios-mail-1172538

Or, instead of using the Mail app that comes on the phone, you could use the Xfinity Connect Mobile app, which can use either the address book in the webmail, or the one on the phone.

New Poster

Re: Why do my xfinity email contacts and contact groups not show up when using the ios email app

Thank you for the response. Do you know why xfinity is the only email platform where the contacts aren't accessable by the ios mail interface?